Good deal for startup on west coast.....

Frans showed me this...thinking about cutting it off and welding to truck frame...for an all in one on a cab over...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I bet gerry might remember what the davey tree truck chipper combo was called. The chipper was pto driven and mounted behind the cab.

I'm thinking of ripping the tool box off this truck and throwing a 65xp on there with a short chute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Frans, you're recalling the early Sohner Trucks. Those chippers were Fitchburg's. They were actually good machines. Chuck and duck, mind you, but could take brush as fast as 2 people could throw it in. All providing sharp blades and a set of matching belts off the PTO.

Frans, you're recalling the early Sohner Trucks. Those chippers were Fitchburg's. They were actually good machines. Chuck and duck, mind you, but could take brush as fast as 2 people could throw it in. All providing sharp blades and a set of matching belts off the PTO.

Thanks gerry! Remember the film of me taking down that pine tree? You converted the vhs to dvd for me. The truck was a custom Fitchburg style.
It was mounted on a chevy frame. Actually rather terrifying because once you engaged the chipper the 454 engine would be cranked up +\- 3500 rpm. That thing could gobble brush

Anyone know about those Pro-mark chippers. Looks about the same as a Vermeer 6". Disc looks to be 90 degrees to the throat. What engines on those? How old?

I looked for a pic of the truck mounted chippers on line but no luck

Anyone know about those Pro-mark chippers. Looks about the same as a Vermeer 6". Disc looks to be 90 degrees to the throat. What engines on those? How old?

Promark has several options for engines. Kohler being one of them

Back