Spurring and Chunking

RegC

TreeHouser
Some footage from this week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bLh-w6BU9bk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About the time I think I have put in a good days work Reg posts a picture or video and I realize I'm still "small time".

Nice video Reg, very cool to watch!

Nice Reg. Do you use a wire core or rope for a big stem like that? Both have there advantages & disadvantages & although I find I can Roll arope better I prefer the wire core, much more forgiving.

Great footage.

Were you not tempted to use a Haas or another srt system as you already had the anchor in?

Cool shot though of you spurring up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. If it's a huge stem (see below), I'll use a rope....that one wasn't quite big enough to warrant it. It was easy enough with the steel core. You just have to keep it relatively loose and through it up to head height to get the max gain.
DSC04376 (1024x768).jpg
Rich, I was showing off to the bystanders. A Hass would've made me look like a pussy

Call me a pussy, I don't care. Of course I don't like fliplining on diameter that big. Never had to get good at it. Nice show Reg.

:)A lot of work and skill there. The music made that pole climb ethereal...like climbing into the heavens. Good choice.

Great video. It's awesome when you can do big chunks and the ground gets closer in leaps and bounds. As does a cold beer and the paycheck :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again

Chris the truck is a 1 ton. 9x8 box. The chippers a bandit 90. 70H Wisconsin gas motor.

SEE!! I told you guys Reg was good, didn't I! I said it first. I'M the one who should get most of the credit, dang it.

Aint nobody disputes you're in the Triumvirate.;)

Absolute stellar work Reg!..unequivocal tree skills

Luv the vid and pics

Back