ladder safety

The guy on the bottom isn't standing on the bottom rung, he's stabilized it to be on one ladder foot. No need for a leg extender.

The guy who i was replacing at my first Tree Co. slipped off an orchard ladder, one leg between rungs, and spiral fractured both lower leg bones. at least thats the story I heard, and he was out for almost a year. I always liked the saying "a chainsaw is the second most dangerous tool an arborist uses, right behind a ladder". I think people get cocky on ladders

As for the Firefighter picture, when I took firefighter training this spring, they were still teaching under the ladder as the preferred footing method. Also, i was taught hands on rails not rungs...

The guy who i was replacing at my first Tree Co. slipped off an orchard ladder, one leg between rungs, and spiral fractured both lower leg bones. at least thats the story I heard, and he was out for almost a year. I always liked the saying "a chainsaw is the second most dangerous tool an arborist uses, right behind a ladder". I think people get cocky on ladders

Nasty!

I think orchard ladders cause an inordinate amount of injuries. They look so short and innocent...:/:

I remember standing close to the top of an aluminum 6 ft. stepladder. I was drilling a hole in concrete block with a dull bit. I was putting a bunch of force into it when the ladder spun out from under me like somebody kicked it out. I pulled my elbows up and locked my neck to not get whiplash and bash my head on concrete floor . Landed on ass cheeks with no damage. Really hate aluminum step ladders. Ladders in general....they don't really bother me. I grew up climbing them. Pretty much no problem. All what you are used to and comfortable with.

Back