Gravity. Up down sideways?!

HuH?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xhW5E_EhQHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wish I had better video of the rig setup on some of those shots like I do for that large pine drop in video. I cut that fully extended in 60? ft bucket truck. The tree had to be 100?

I?ll Tied top of pine. Ran rope to a pulley at the top of white oak stalk.
Down to base of white oak. Then into pulley back to pine tree.
At the base of pine.
I had a G. R. C. S. To pull in the direction and area needed
the drop zone was in useable because it was on a hill full of vines down to lake. No safe place to be or to move without chance of tripping or not movin fast enough to get out of drop zone so I did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to me that someone would film a guy wearing short pants and running a chain saw, then put it in the internet for the whole world to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting to me that someone would film a guy wearing short pants and running a chain saw, then put it in the internet for the whole world to see.

You know that?s me and I have no shame.
For years I would never dream of wearing shorts doing this work.
But for the last two yrs. that?s all I wear in summer. Usually wearing boots. I left them in other truck that day. I climb and cut on ground with them. I am confident I won?t lose a leg. I cut, with my legs out of the kick back zone.
God forbid you were right and I cut my leg at least I didn?t destroy a par of pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might still hit your pants, even if they are short.
Wear a g-string instead, that'll solve that problem.

I second that.
I can't stand to have the legs naked, even for small jobs on the ground. The skin on my shins is very thin and fragile, only a little scratch or just a touch through a jean is enough to make a mess with a wide wound and a long healing. I wear a pair of karate shin protectors under my chainsaw pants to cushion the contacts.

Too bad for the rigging views, I'd like to see more precisely what's going on. Nice job and entertaining vid though. Congrats for the piano too.

Ya I wondered about that too...and you forgot to mention standing on a rocking piece of wood to make a high back cut.... Not a good example to set and no need to show it as it really ads nothing but controversy to the video and the industry.... While I respect the skills and vid work and piano playing I think including that clip was a poor choice.

I'll work in shorts in open areas. I don't bash around in the woods much, if I do. I've been scratched before, but nearly as much as not wearing long sleeves for chipping, which people seems to do quite a bit.

Back