Benefit of a 20' pole saw?

Agree on the Silky...I have several and the word "dull" with a new one has never crossed my mind. Some limbs over three inches have made me want to cry "Mommy". Sometimes I'd start a limb with the Silky cause I was too lazy to crank the 200T. After seeing how long it was gonna take by hand I got over my laziness pretty quickly. Funny how that works.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With a dead dried out tree, yeah, everything cuts slower. A pole saw is used to trim the very tips of branches where you can't/too slow to climb out there, or to drop a hanger or something like that a couple times a year. We told you that standing in a truck bed isn't an acceptable way to do this work, so you ignored us and then went even further by adding a step ladder to it. You charged money from someone without having a clue of how to do the work, risked injury to yourself on someone else's property, and you ignored the advice of renting a lift to at least attempt to look the part. While you may think that your impending injury or worse only affects you, you could not be further from the truth. Your family and friends will suffer, as would the homeowner who you were working for, even the little kid across the street that watched it happen. You will become a statistic, which is then used to compile insurance rates, so everyone here would indirectly pay for it as well. I don't know what you did in the city for a profession, but in this industry thinking outside the box and doing shit the wrong way WILL kill you, not if it's when. I strongly urge you use this forum as a guide to learn this trade, on your own time and dime, and then if you want down the road, go do the work for hire. If you aren't willing to do that, please just stick to firewood or something. I wish you the best, but ignoring people who are trying to help you and keep you alive and safe is not going to get you ahead in this game, it will ruin everything you have worked a lifetime for in an instant.

Kyle, thank you for taking the time to post those sobering words.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
^^^Everything Marc said, especially the last line ROFL!!

I think Woody is taking in all of our comments!
As for the Silky, yes some trees will gum up the teeth more than others, and that all important angle is, well, important! Some cuts will go faster than others. If that blade is brand new and a Silky...it's not the blade's fault

Agree on the Silky...I have several and the word "dull" with a new one has never crossed my mind. Some limbs over three inches have made me want to cry "Mommy". Sometimes I'd start a limb with the Silky cause I was too lazy to crank the 200T. After seeing how long it was gonna take by hand I got over my laziness pretty quickly. Funny how that works.:D

Thanks Bermy and Gary!

Back