The Valdotain Tresse - VT and XT Climbing Hitch

Brian, what you say makes perfect sense in doubled rope were the hitch is doing all the work by itself. But with the HH there are two additional points of friction below the hitch. Though activated by the hitch they are non-twisting and very linear. I have made many very long descents with the HH hitch tied as shown and had no rope twisting whatsoever.

I've never had a problem either. Of course I'll give it a try. I can see how it can change way the hitch reacts.
Thanks for the link. I need to order a few more items because shipping to me cost more than the tender itself.

Brian, what you say makes perfect sense in doubled rope were the hitch is doing all the work by itself. But with the HH there are two additional points of friction below the hitch. Though activated by the hitch they are non-twisting and very linear. I have made many very long descents with the HH hitch tied as shown and had no rope twisting whatsoever.

The HH came along long after I quit climbing. And my absence from the forum for several years kept me out of the loop, never even heard of it until a few weeks ago and haven't really followed the threads about it. Glad to see the continuing improvements and advances.

In the beginning of this vid, you can see my carabiner on my chest harness clipped into a horseshoe tender that the Holster replaces. It just advances the devise up the line as you ascend. I often just use my flip line over the shoulder these days with the HAAS. As stated, not life support. For Ddrt, just clip your working end back into the ring on your saddle.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tTBRd6StvLI" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The HH hitch cord does very little work. Mostly, the dogbone and carabiner pinching the rope to the spine take the load. No significant twisting as a result.

I've had mine tied the other way before, accidentally.

I bet that is just as Brian described for DdRT. Duly noted.

Back