Who Underbid Me? .... and by How Much? .... Do I have the Job?

Don't need more than one line in any of those IMO. Pine follows the hinge nicely and you have lots of height for plenty of leverage with the rope. You can fall those in virtually any direction you wish.

That's a stroke of good luck! Usually it's in the middle!!! :X

Saw vs rope sounds a lot like saw vs chaps. That high revving saw instantly choking and stalling followed by a scared oh F&;@.
I had my back to him. Turned around and just knew he had the saw in his leg/chaps. Then I saw the yellow stable braid shredded hanging out of the saw. Phewwwwwww lol

Finally finished up the pine job yesterday around 3. Ended up with 42 hours on the whole thing. Not to bad I guess. The little excavator was a huge help cleaning up and loading logs. I guess the thread can go back to what it was originally intended now that my derail is over with lol.
cd8f045e3c4dac380433a9fb0df2d967.jpg

45cb8252e67f3a6f39fbcc274f196c23.jpg

Got to put the hurt on my trailer and really test it out. Did great! Even tho I bent the ramps all to heck when I was unloading the tracked excavator. It weighs 11500#. The ramps and the steep angle was a bad mix. Had to take it back to the mill with a bigger trailer that has better ramps.

40ec216c2a857fee595eb0a19142df2a.jpg

Nice one! I always like the pics of the clean and tidy site after all the mess is gone :)

Thanks again. We learned a lot. We set up a speed line for one tree. Negative rigged a few pieces.

I videoed several different things that way I could show my helper what certain things do. Like pretensioning a line when topping. (Safely from a lift). And whatletting a piece run will do/ not do. He got the picture and did fairly well for his first time doing a lot of rope work. Still not ready to catch a top or big pieces with me on a spar but he is getting there. When we both figure out how many wraps on the porta-wrap are needed for so much weight we will have it licked I think. (He always wanted to take to many). I was figuring 1-1/2 max for what we were doing.

Customer is already wanting me back around income tax season to get 20 more down. And they are clear of any structures. So looking forward to that as well.

I may do that sometime Sean. I've made a few clips to put on my Facebook page. Mostly out of boredom. But I have to say they have brought in a few customers. So I guess it can be worth it to document and show some of your work. I've been looking for good portawrap videos on YouTube. I think my guy is wanting to borrow my working climber dvds. I think that is an awesome start to understanding some of what is going on in the tree

lol I donno if he would go for it. I'd have to find another harness. He is 6'2" about 250.
Not much on heights either.
From today+a box elder not pictured. A little racking tomorrow and set up to grind stumps on New Years weekend.

c03fa77c411152d34f9efe6d417bd0c4.jpg

456cab368045a67e637b62f4f36b898d.jpg

ab9b47291699c6437428d959e1bac268.jpg

He may go for that. There is a slight chance lol. The next time I have one I'll see if he will give it a go.
Took your advice Sean. Started the inc. process a few weeks ago. Now I'm just waiting on the state to get all their crap in order.
DS ARBOR LLC. Hopefully I'll get my stuff back by the end of the year.

It was recommended by the mills tax attorney. He said being a part time deal that is how he would go to start out. Give it a few years and if needed make changes later. I'm not a tax guy by any means so I took his word on it.
He said there is a lot less bs operating as an llc vs s-corp. I can still do my taxes as an s-corp which is good, and I just don't want any of my personal crap takin from me. I'll have to read up on it. I was given a book on business structure llc vs s-corp. I'll see what it tells me.

Back