Skwerl's new chipper and chip truck

The pin I'm talking about goes from the pedal to the clutch cable. Might not really be a cable but I'm not sure. It's where that little bushing goes as well.

There's no cable, it's all hydraulic. Check the plastic bushing on the slave cylinder too, right where it touches the clutch fork. I really wish they would have made these clutches adjustable, so you could just adjust them when all these little wear points add up.

Nine times out of ten replacing that plastic bushing will be enough IMe. Over the past decade I've run a '92 f350 and a 95 f350 both as standards for commercial plowing. Going forward and backwards a thousand times a night can wear one of those plastic bushings out in a season. Aft r lots of abuse the metal all around th mount for this system gets weakened and will flex too exasperating the problem. But I've always remedied it myself by just replacing the plastic bushing. In a pinch on the job I've remedied it with zip ties too to limp it through. They don't last long though.

I love zip-ties!

Me, too.
We attached the GPS tracher to our new chipper with zip ties.
Stuck in into a bunch of wires ans zipped it in.
You'd need a PHD in stealing equipment to find it.
Now I'm just waiting for the gang that stole my first one to run off with the new machine.
Please, please, please...........steal it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Changed the oil this morning in the chip truck. Discovered a leak coming from the sensor mounted on the side of the oil pan. The large nut which holds it tight is stripped so I can't tighten it down very much. Another item for Alan to look at later this week.

Also replaced the side mirrors. Previous owner attached large wide angle mirrors to the face of the old ones. Sounds good, but he put them exactly where I need the regular mirror. So instead of having a regular mirror and wide angle mirror, I only had a wide angle mirror. The part of the regular mirror I could see only gave me a view of the sky. Now I have separate regular mirrors and wide angle mirrors. Much better with both.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 83
I think you are talking about the big nut on the side of the oil pan Brian? Where the dipstick tube goes in?
Bad design, the more you tighten, the worse it will leak.
The o ring seal is on the inside of the pan. The nut pulls the flange against it and the pan. There is a cheat so you don't have to pull the motor. But if you take that nut off, you have to capture the part to keep it from falling in the pan. Engine removal to retrieve after that. Some say a brass brush for gun cleaning in a calibre (don't remember which one) that will be a tight fit with a string attached does the trick so you can remove the seal, replace it and then the nut. I imagine same could be negotiated with a needle nose type vise grip holding it.
You Tube is your friend with a lot on a 7.3

Congratulations Brian. Sounds like a great addition. We had three walnut sweepers that had the 31 hp Wisconsin motors in them. We had few problems with them. One was the breather getting plugged up with dirt and it then pushing oil into the magneto. I can't remember just why but we replaced the mag with a distributor and of course started cleaning the breather everyday. Another easily solved problem was the valves losing their clearance. We started adjusting them every season. The last thing I remember was the starter getting a bunch of dust in it and we sealed something up with silicon on the starter. These engines ran in extremely dusty conditions. Anyway good luck.

Thanks sean! Honestly the only reason I don't come around so much is the iPhone! I don't work on the computer much these days- almost always on the phone and this website is tedious to use on the phone.

I'll try to be better about it!

Do you know what forum software is more iCompatible?

iPhone/ iPads constitute a large part of the audience/ potential audience.

I was using tapatalk for a while- but honestly it's not much better. It's cluttered with a bunch of crap. I'd love an app that could interface these forums smoothly.

I don't i-anything. I use Chrome on PC.

Just trying to figure if there is a work-around.

IDK if its a tapatalk issue, or what.

Back