Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Skwerl's new chipper and chip truck

Having back-up equipment is good.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Hell, it's almost a necessity!

Nice setup. I especially like the short box idea

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
    SOLVED! Broken wire on the emergency stop button...I'd say that was a good find by the mechanic
    I'm so fortunate to have a diesel mechanic two blocks away...gotta love country.
    Bermy...fyi...I have a 35HP diesel Deutz...about 2 weeks ago it ran 2 hours perfectly during a storm cleanup...then just quit. Alex talked to diesel mech and got it started by by-passing a fuel cutoff solenoid...but it still would not rev up properly. I had it taken to mechanic and they did valve adjust, hoses, etc...stuff that had been neglected over the years before I bought it.

The problem was a relay in control panel that prevented shutdown solenoid from working properly. They also found a broken wire to alternator that was causing low voltage...was not charging completely.

It's an hour away but I found some good mechanics to help with the chipper.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post
    Having back-up equipment is good.
    Saturday we had a huge crane job where we had to set up in a school parking lot. We were just getting started and Brutus our big chipper broke down. It was so nice to just send a guy home to get our other chipper and still get the job done. All my equipment is used and old so I try to have a backup for everything.

FWIW in my observation my old stuff breaks down less than a lot of my friends new stuff. Brutus had a bad electric fuel pump.
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson

Nothing like Brutus but my little baby chipper sure earned it's keep the last couple days. Cleaning up common properties for a huge HOA, we had that thing running all day yesterday and today. This was a job for my big landscaper contractor and we had a crew of his guys working with us dragging brush. I was impressed with some of the stuff that chipper could eat. Slow due to the lack of horsepower but steady. Wish the truck turned a smaller radius, it's almost impossible to back up with it.
    -Brian

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Is it just me? I get a kick out of hearing my chipper when the auto feed kicks in for a bigger branch. Bbbrrrmmmpp.....brmm....brmm....bbbrrmmmmmmmmp.... .and out spouts nothing but nice chippy chips.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

My auto feed hasn't worked in years , miss it ... I stand there and work the feed bar manually.

Mine doesn't have it. I popped my guy in the mouth with the feed handle today, felt bad.
    -Brian

TreeHouser Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Altissimus View Post
    My auto feed hasn't worked in years , miss it ... I stand there and work the feed bar manually.
    $300 at the most and you'd be back up and running if you wanted it right?