Skwerl's new chipper and chip truck

I personally or our business hasn't dealt with them. It's a massive place. Im guessing nearly a half mile on the side of the highway full of equipment. I think it's one of those places that just tries to run through inventory and turn it over as fast as possible. I will ask one of our loggers about the place. I know he has dealt with them a few times. He lives down there. I should see him tomorrow.

I spoke with our logger from down there yesterday. To sum up what he had to say about the place. He said you can get a good deal and stuff cheap from there but you better know how to work on it. He has bought a few trucks and some skidder parts off the place. So there is no tellin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Skwerlito, check this out

https://www.equipmenttrader.com/Farming-Equipment/listing/1994-MORBARK-2036+Drum+Chipper-123352753

if its close ask the dude if you can run some brush through it. This is 2 years earlier than my model 17 but the design looks very similar. Mine was a simple and dependable machine that chipped like no disk chipper could ever come close. Loved that chipper till the day it went in the reservoir..... RIP Franken Chipper

I just bought this one (agreed to buy it, anyway). Supposed to call him and agree on a time to pick it up tomorrow. Now I gotta scramble because I have the cash on hand but it's not all my cash. :O

Attachments

• Morbark2036.jpg
    Morbark2036.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 41
Yup, I was. Until I looked closely at it and spoke with the owner. I also looked at all his other equipment. It's old but solid and he's put a ton of money into fixing and upgrading it before he bought his big monster chipper to replace it. It is a hell of a bargain for the price.

Be careful with making sharp turns with it, I flipped mine. Buy an airless paint sprayer and paint it and keep on keeping on. Report back after a week of chipping and let us know how she chips. Let me know blade size, I should have some for it.

I just texted a guy about painting it. The seller rebuilt the engine 2 years ago, replaced the intake floor and around the anvil, replaced the axle and springs 6 months ago after the original springs broke. Tire and fender are still messed up, so I need tires and weld the fender back on. Need a tab welded on to hold the cover over the chain drive on the left side. Need a battery box secured in place to hold the battery. All minor items I think.

Paul when you mentioned an airless paint sprayer are you talking about one like is used for painting houses and such? I think they're commonly made by wagoner?

Yes , I have a Graco, cost about $100 I think . We paint our trucks ,crane chippers everything. Prep work is a pia but paint is cheap, I can do a pickup for about $45. Looks good from 30' :lol: I think a fleet all one color looks more professional even if everything is old crap

Another thing I bought is a CNC vinyl cutter for signs , another cheap way to spruce up the fleet

It's not heavy and pulls easily with a half ton pickup. He can make it down here in a day.

He is a retired customer of mine. Bee keeper now. I found him one in North Carolina and it was too far for him. Guess I could put it on Uship and see if anybody needs a load coming back or something.....

Ive done that drive in a day and wouldn't ever choose to again

Might be able to find someone here to drive it up also. Maybe something for my ground guy to do for a couple days...
I'd even let him use my truck.

Bastard scammer had me going for a while. Read bottom to top, our email exchange.

Okay. I'll contact my mover to add it to the stuffs they're picking for me. You can send me your full name and address so I can have a check sent to you ASAP. The pick up will be arranged after the check is cleared.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 3:52 AM, craigslist 6398184632 <hkxmw-6398184632@sale.craigslist.org> wrote:

Yes I am the owner. There are a couple minor issues, alternator does not charge the battery so the battery needs to be charged once in a while. The old battery was only lasting a couple days so I just put a new deep cycle in it. Throttle cable needs replaced, I have a pair of vise grips to hold it open at full throttle. Hour meter does not work.

I just bought it a few months ago and was planning on using it for a long time, then Irma hit and I've made good money in the last 2 months. Now I can afford to get something bigger and I found a deal on a bigger machine (also from somebody upgrading).

Call me at 407-492-xxxx if you want to discuss it further. Or email is fine if you prefer.
-Brian

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 6:42 AM, ab red <9b09de0e0fa038d1a8a17e36601392f2@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:

Are you the owner and is there any other thing i need to know before we proceed?

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 3:41 AM, craigslist 6398184632 <hkxmw-6398184632@sale.craigslist.org> wrote:

Probably.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 6:28 AM, ab red <9b09de0e0fa038d1a8a17e36601392f2@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:

Can we do $6000?

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 3:11 AM, craigslist 6398184632 <hkxmw-6398184632@sale.craigslist.org> wrote:

I'm asking for $6500.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 12:52 AM, ab red <9b09de0e0fa038d1a8a17e36601392f2@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:

Sound good. So what is the final asking price?

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:20 PM, craigslist 6398184632 <hkxmw-6398184632@sale.craigslist.org> wrote:

Yes, I just posted it a couple hours ago. I am buying a larger chipper tomorrow and was getting a jump on getting this one listed. It's a nice machine but not quite big enough to keep up on big removals. Perfect for trimming or a smaller operation.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM, ab red <80bdda419aa8343ea9273d032096cb37@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:

I saw the above ad on craigslist. Is it still available for sale?

Picked up the Morbark today. Took it straight to my tire shop and had new tires installed. Got it home and pressure washed it so I could see what I had. Then I cut off the riser on the tongue so I can hook it up to my chip truck without hitting the bed. It might be an old piece of crap but it's my old piece of crap. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG