Skwerl's new chipper and chip truck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I like my little baby chipper but it's kind of slow for one man to operate and try to keep up with me on removals. He spends way too much time fighting brush trying to make it feed. So I'm looking at upgrading options, including this one:
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/hvo/d/2007-altec-dc1217/6387155595.html

00z0z_b2iOWHz4jD6_600x450.jpg

The seller buys and sells chippers, bought this one at auction along with 8 others in a single lot. They all come from Lewis Tree and were painted red, which is why he repainted it. I have my Altec guy running the serial number to confirm this info. Seller is willing to give me $5K for my Bandit 90 on trade and knock a thousand off his asking price, reducing my cost to $13K and my trade.

Nice Brian.

My guy Mike will often try to force shat into our 12" that you can pretty much tell, it won't crush it. But he'll hold up a line of guys trying to feed it by forcing the issue with no success. It is often hard to teach some the mentality of just picking up the saw, nipping and cutting a little will speed things up. Again, finesse vs force. Some just will not over come the mental block.

I'm north of Covington about an hour 30 mins away. Not sure if I could get down that way soon tho. A lot of people local are leery of baskins. Not sure why. I don't rekin we've ever done any business with them. The pics of the chipper look good tho.

I personally or our business hasn't dealt with them. It's a massive place. Im guessing nearly a half mile on the side of the highway full of equipment. I think it's one of those places that just tries to run through inventory and turn it over as fast as possible. I will ask one of our loggers about the place. I know he has dealt with them a few times. He lives down there. I should see him tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the guy selling the BB250 with no VIN tag finally found the VIN tag. I can't quite make out every digit but perhaps somebody here might have an inside track on how to check this info out? Brush Bandit is closed for the holiday weekend so nothing there until Monday.

Attachments

• BB250 tag.jpg
    BB250 tag.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 47
Back