Skwerl's new chipper and chip truck

Yeah I'm phone only too. Android, and use their Swype keyboard thing. I am starting to wonder if I'm almost as fast as regular typing yet lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Poop. I had two more issues develop today. First was the throwout bearing that started grinding and then howling as the day went on. Second was the truck acting like it was running out of fuel when I had 3/4 of a tank. I switched to the other tank and within 15 seconds it smoothed out and ran fine again. I suspect the pump in the rear tank died. Thankfully it's very easy access with the dump bed.

some of the older tanks had a lining that degraded over time and flakes of then clogs the intake screen. If you pull the pump, take of the screen then put an in line filter that is more accessible to get to. Might no be that though

Nope. We rarely speak, as we both pay attention to the other and every tree is pretty much the same routine. When I'm close to finishing brushing out a tree he already knows when to get the bigger saw ready for me to block down the wood. I can see the need in certain situations but most of our work is just so repetitive that we pretty much know what is going to happen next.

I might consider them one day but right now I have a lot of higher priorities.

Actually we both are wearing ear muffs whenever the chipper is running. Damn thing is way too loud for such a small engine.

Regional differences. I like ear muffs to keep my ears warm, and protected (ears and ear drums).

It would be cool to see more Florida tree work pics, Brian.

Nice setup. I especially like the short box idea :thumbup:

Same here Brian. Great setup all around.

Pretty much the same type of setup that I want to do next year. I may have to give you a call to pick your brain when the time comes. Would you mind if I give you a call sometime so we can chat?

Any time, Chris. I still want to add corner fillers in on the back, will allow me to hold another yard of chips without interfering with my ability to load logs in the back when needed.

I just picked up the truck 15 minutes ago from the shop. New clutch and flywheel, he fixed the pedal assembly and a couple other things. The noise I thought was the throwout bearing was actually the pilot bearing spinning in the flywheel. Clutch was worn down to the rivets so we replaced that while we had it apart. He fixed the oil leak on the side of the oil pan. At some point the motor will need to come out to replace the oil pan gasket but we will live with that for now. I didn't get the bill yet but based on his estimate I'm guessing $3000-3500.

I'm just glad that I'm busy and have good cash flow right now. It's tight but I'm covering all this stuff so far. Worst case I let it ride on the credit card through winter and finish paying it off come Spring.

Usually November and February are my two slowest months. However this year I've already done twice what I did last November and it's only the 10th. Keep getting decent size removals 2-3 days per week and we bang them out.

Nice Brian. Great to read things are going well. I'm kind of jealous of that new clutch. Both of my plow trucks are nearly there, but for me clutches are like tires i just loath replacing them before they are right done. As in not holding air, or not moving the truck. Yes it's bit me in the ass more than once.

Usually November and February are my two slowest months. However this year I've already done twice what I did last November and it's only the 10th. Keep getting decent size removals 2-3 days per week and we bang them out.

Same here, Brian. This is the busiest I've ever been heading into winter. We're booked up solid and currently scheduling jobs into January. Thank you Irma!

I wounded how the other Florida tree Housers are doing?

Risky biz that's who l was thinking about.hasnt been around in awhile.Hope he's getting rich from the storm;)

Back