Faulty tracks

Page

TreeHouser
Are there any toro reps on this forum? Id like to hear what you have to say about this. I bought a brand new dingo tx1000 this year. It's a great machine but not without its problems . There seems to be a design flaw either in the tracks or in how the tracks are held on the machine or both. I have less then 200 hours on it and I've been through 3 tracks. They just break suddenly and I'm left stranded. The tracks are all tightened to the correct specs. I'm in lawns not in construction sites so not a whole lot to be shredding the tracks . I even had a track brake 2 hours after getting my machine back from the shop from the last broken track. That one really cost me some loot. Toro has been good enough to cover the tracks but no one is covering my down time. when the last one broke the dingo was in the middle of a street and there were logs blocking the crane from getting out. Between my crews labor rate and the crane I was racking up $500/hr for almost 3 hours waiting for the mobile mechanic . I've basically lost thousands of dollars from these three incidences. When the dingo is up and running it is awsome. I really love the way it operates. It lifts a shit load. It's fast. But I'd rather a machine that is less capable and works all the time then to have one that screws me over. Thoughts?

Someone needs to be paying you. I've got over a thousand hours on my Vermeer tracks and have only tossed them three times. Never broke one. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure Fiddler told me they were factory. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'll ask my Stihl dealer if they've had any problems with the dingos they sell.

are they coming off or actually breaking?

plenty of after market trax out there

Is it always the same track ?

I knew one MT52 which kept loosing one track and finally partly broke it. But that's because it was old and in a poor shape. The tracks were really worn and injured. Moreover, the owner didn't see that the right hydraulic motor was loose, missing two bolts, so the sprocket was no more in line!

If something foreign doesn't come jammed, the only way I see to break a track is that the sprocket (or the idler) come out of its path and try to run on the track's leading teeth. But that asks a tremendous force and that must leave some clues on the components like dents, unusual shiny spots, shredded rubber... The tricky part is to find the trigger one.
Check the alignment, parallelism, the play of the sprocket, idler and rollers, with and without tensioning the track or even with out the track. Run the tracks slow and fast on the ground and in the air too and hear /look at a jerky move on the bad side (if there's one).
Oh, and maybe check the widths and pitch of the components, we never know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both tracks have broken. I don't want to put any effort into fixing the problem. I spent too much money to have to worry about this. I just hope toro and the dealer will do their job

I've got over a thousand hours on my Vermeer tracks and have only tossed them three times. Never broke one. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure Fiddler told me they were factory.

Yes, original tracks...I threw one twice...if I recall correctly they had a few pretty good slices in them when I sold the machine.

I don't want to put any effort into fixing the problem. I spent too much money to have to worry about this. I just hope toro and the dealer will do their job
Actually, I did bet that your answer will be something like that.:/:

I'm gonna send a letter to both toro and the dealer detailing the loss of money I've incurred. If something doesn't happen with that then I'll have to step it up a notch . it sucks being so unsure about it. Never knowing when it's gonna break again.

I was pretty sure they were original Fiddler. And you did make sure I knew of the couple of slices. I've added a few since then.
Page what you're having happen is not normal. Toro should stand behind their product. I will try to remember to talk to our local dealer's mechanic tomorrow and ask about this problem. Memo is being written in a minute

Big bonus to Toro Corporate if your willing to keep a lot of negative stuff out of social media about it. They should handle it for joe blow, for you they should do it all the quicker before it costs them two or twenty sales.

Morbark Corp jumped in and got it done when they became aware NickfromWI wasn't getting taken care of by a local dealer to acceptable standards. (At least a couple of us called in etc - one guy was extremely effective.)

Yup social media pressure will be useful im sure. But I need to do the letter first so they understand. Right now all they know is they have fixed my tracks. I'll send something Monday.

United Postal Service signature confirmation of receipt is a cheap service that carries real benifits of knowing that something was delivered and when also.

Newish machine...something has come loose/ out of alignment. Three sets of tracks in a row, I think you said. Seems like its time to drop off at the dealer and tell them to figure it out.

So toro says they have developed a new track. I have them in the machine now. So far so good. However it keeps stalling randomly. Sometimes when we are in the middle of pulling a tree over and sometimes when we are pulling it off the trailer. It’s becoming big a big problem. The dealer has replaced every switch in the thing but it hasn’t changed anything. I would thing maybe it’s my fault but it doesn’t happen to me when I have the loaner machine. The loaner is a wide track and mine is a narrow but I don’t see how that makes a difference. Anyone have problems with their machine stalling ?

Page I really think that something is out of alignment on that machine. When I talked to my local dealer before he said something was wrong. I’m guessing it’s stalling because it is binding up and causing the hydraulic motors to stall the pump. By the way did you buy a bmg? And if so was it local or through a dealer in Ohio. I was bragging about mine and he said he had ordered one for a guy in pa a while back

And bad news. The guy I dealt with there quit last week so I don’t know if he has any pull with toro anymore.

Just to know, first clue, check how tight the tracks are, the next time the engine will stall. Then look at some mismatch between the tracks and the rollers/sprockets, before trying to move the loader or restart the engine.
Listen to the noises at this moment too (hydro pump screaming, big "clunk"...).

I did buy the bmg, that thing is worth every penny. My dealer ordered it from Ohio I believe. Got the rake too!! I’ll check on track tightness but that has already been under watch. The dealer has it right now. I really like the wide track machine that they gave me. Too bad it doesn’t fit through gates.

Back