Selling bees and wasps

I have a big nest of the big Vespa crabro hornets in my barn they can have for free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's basically a shop vac, attached to a Gatorade bottle, through a hole on the bottom. There is a screen there. Turn on shop vac, suck up pests while in bee suit, close screw top.

He doesn't dig you the nest. Well known.

They make allergy cures from the insects,, somehow.

Maybe he does. I think he just sucks out the bulk of the nests occupants. He said the ones that do come back to the nest are somehow confused. They will disperse.

Last time I used him, I found a yellow jacket nest with my mini, running full throttle. I was running fast. Machine was running fast, on top of the nest. I watered it down as best I could, and as many wasps as I could, directly, went in with two thick layers, with hose spraying to retrieve the mini.

The BeeMan came out later that afternoon and sucked them up.

And you didn't get stung?
I once unknowingly parked a running bucket truck on one of the biggest nests I've seen, left the door open and walked over to check out where I needed to set up. When I looked back, the truck was literally enveloped in a cloud of pain and torment.

I have seen yellow jacket nests in houses, bales of hay/straw, and in a stack of bushel baskets. They were in my neighbors kitchen ceiling. It was starting to stain and sag. Looked like it might collapse. I drilled a hole and shot some Sevin dust up there. Someone else pulled it down and repaired it.

I think their sting has more wallop than bees or wasps. I got stung 14 times in the back as a young kid. I made the mistake of jumping off a roof on to two stacked bales of straw. They chased me up the driveway stinging the snot out of me. Owweeee!!

I think their sting has more wallop than bees or wasps.
No doubt. Owweee is right. If you could've only been clocked by an official timer you might've set a new record for the 100:whine:.
I worked as a land surveyor when I got out of high school and we were in wasps, yellow jackets, bees, poison ivy or something that would hurt you almost every day. One of the guys got several yellow jacket tattoos on the head one morning and his noggin swelled up like a pumpkin in a matter of minutes. He could've starred in a sci-fi movie without makeup. If we hadn't been pretty close to a hospital he might've been in real trouble.

I got stung a time or three that day.

The BeeMan was looking to be hours to days before he was going to be able to make it out, in the height of the season, of course. I didn't want to leave the loader running until it used up 5-6 gallons of diesel, and have an empty diesel machine to try to deal with after it got cold out and wasps went to sleep.

We got the junior apprentice on the crew, put his rain gear, rubber gloves, boots and wide brim hard hat on, taped everything up and taped a t-shirt over his hat like a beekeeper. He waded through them, got in the truck, cranked it and drove off without a sting. He was my foreman before I retired, glad he didn't hold it against me:D.

Dish soap and water works very well as a spray for them if using a hose...using a fertilizer sprayer hooked to the hose. It coats them, and they can't breathe through their exoskeleton, and then they die. Had a yellow jacket nest in the mast of my 25' sailboat, tried sprays to try to kill them, couldn't get the nest, so I waited till night, hitched up, and went to the car wash. Stuck the soap spray in one of the holes, foam was shooting out the other end. When the $5 ran out, I pulled out and a flood of dead wasps came rolling out.

In my general area of Marin and Sonoma County the Mosquito (And?) Vector organization will come out and treat in ground yellow jacket nests with a pyrethrin dust made from a flower for free. I often tell customers about it and they make use of the service. Last situation like that the customer told me the guy had done 14 nests so far that day.

It would be great if a venom harvester teamed up with that guy.

Sean, would you ask your harvester contact if he knows of any one in the San Francisco Bay Area who does collecting work or if he knows of a list for people nation wide? I tried goggle for a few minutes, will put more time into it later.

Merle

freeremoval@cascadevenomcollection.com is the email address.

They are starting to wind down for the season, so will probably have more time to return an email.

He's not anyone I see or contact unless needed.

Direct email will probably work better between you two.

Dish soap and water works very well as a spray for them if using a hose...using a fertilizer sprayer hooked to the hose. It coats them, and they can't breathe through their exoskeleton, and then they die. Had a yellow jacket nest in the mast of my 25' sailboat, tried sprays to try to kill them, couldn't get the nest, so I waited till night, hitched up, and went to the car wash. Stuck the soap spray in one of the holes, foam was shooting out the other end. When the $5 ran out, I pulled out and a flood of dead wasps came rolling out.

I tried that last year with an underground hornet's nest. I got the shit stung out of me!

Back