Selling bees and wasps

Kyle, it sounds like you need to get on the water a little more often!

That's no joke at all. I haven't even been out in over 5 years, always working too much in the summer and fall. I need to start prioritizing life again, but I'm pushing for certain goals in life so the work part has taken over :(

Hornets must be badasses. I've killed many a wasp's nests with Dawn dishwashing detergent.

I use one of the many synthetic pyrethroids used against aphids on them.
On aphids it is osed in a ,05% solution, I make a 10-15% solution.

In a hand held pump sprayer it works wonderfully.
They fly into the "cloud" from the sprayer, right away get engine trouble and fall like WW1 fighter planes out of the sky.

Fast acting. There was a product we used here almost 50 years ago, a pressurized insecticide called Bee Bop. 16 oz. and would shoot a stream 20 feet and empty the can in about 5 seconds. The bees would drop without even sputtering. The chemical would make the air shimmer. Money back guarantee.

http://www.charentelibre.fr/2017/10...r-des-frelons-asiatiques-a-ruelle,3143792.php

Didn't know the best place for this, but..

Guy 12 mètres up in a bucket truck clearing power lines was attacked by asiatic hornets, stung a hundred or more times. The bucket was operated from below and the operator was stung and ran off! So the guy (who was a climber thankfully) leapt out into the tree and free climbed down (being pursued and stung all the time)

Lucky to be alive.

Never in a million years would I allow someone to operate the bucket I was in from the ground... ESPECIALLY around power lines!

I've never heard of such nonsense!

I don't know why August did that, we can get a spray mousse thing that you blow over the entrance to the nest and in 18 hrs they're all dead.

But, of course you have to go there a day beforehand.

I think I have seen those before.

I guess I am lucky that I dont work where bees and wasps like to live. We spray the door frames and window sills with Tempo in the fall once the wasps start trying to come inside for winter.

An out door nest does not last year to year up here, but the queen survives someplace. The workers are driven out. Most of them die, but some will find shelter and survive the winter.

Fast acting. There was a product we used here almost 50 years ago, a pressurized insecticide called Bee Bop. 16 oz. and would shoot a stream 20 feet and empty the can in about 5 seconds. The bees would drop without even sputtering. The chemical would make the air shimmer. Money back guarantee.

Last time I looked at he Madsens catalog they still sold Bee Bop.

You don't really need the 'suit,' just the hood.

I did it wearing multiple layers of clothing and wearing the hood that I rented from a local rental company.

Amazing how loud those bees can get.

All treecos need to have a hood in their toolshed.

I've done it three times. Nothing to it except that it always seems to be 95 degrees out when I'm doing it.

Our two local apiaries hire Mexicans or Nicaraguans as labor during the summer.

Those guys go around and load all those hives by hand. It was 90 plus all summer long.

Gawd almighty. What ever they are paid its not enough.

Back