Completely random but awesome knowledge

I recently filled my wheel barrow tire with foam. Working great so far. I buy my saw starter rope by the spool. Works great for boot laces. And about a hundred other things. TeaTree soap in the spring for chiggers and ticks. Garlic tablets for preventative measures. Bragg apple cider vinegar for muscle cramps and anything else that's wrong.

Apple cider vinegar. I mix a couple tablespoons with about a third coffee cup of water and a spoonfull of honey. Microwave it for about one minute to warm it up. It takes a little bit to get used to. It's good for lots of things. Stomach trouble, muscle cramps. It helps digestion. It tastes bad at first but it's worth it for all it does.

Another thing is melt down a jar of Vaseline in an old pot on the stove. Once it's liquid, with tongs, start saturating cotton balls in it. Lay them on foil to cool off. Then put them in old pill bottles. A dry cotton ball burns for about one minute. These will burn between 10 and 15 minutes. One cotton ball is more than enough to start about any fire. They will last forever too.

If you are really stuck in a duelly you can always get out by sacrificing a rope. Tie rope to the center of the bud wheels and tie off on solid object. As wheel spins it will wrap around the center of bud wheels and pull you out. Horrible mess getting it out though:lol:

Great tip Paul but you are correct, a horrible mess. This is a last resort. Sometimes the wrecker can be cheaper

Years ago an old black man showed me a trick getting his old dually truck unstuck using a 2x4. Instead of wedging it under the tire he wedged it sideways in between the tires. Worked like a push pole when he backed up.

Late Seventies , Stonybrook University ... Ken Kesey spoke on campus. After speech and socialize these two dudes came out to the empty parking lot with a flat tire. Had a spare , had a lugwrench , .... NO JACK ! ... screwed sitting there trying to figure out what next , campus security was giving Kesey a ride to his hotel and he directed driver over to stuck car. Ken rolls down the window and says to the college boys , "You know what Neal would have done ?" ... Dudes said no , no , tell us man. He said Neal (Cassidy) would have scoured the lot looking for small rocks and make a pile , then a bunch of medium rocks , finally a few big rocks. Slowly and carefully create an improvised ramp with car in reverse you can actually get enough height to get a big rock under the axle to change tire w out a jack. Neal Cassidy still lives on somehow.

Years ago an old black man showed me a trick getting his old dually truck unstuck using a 2x4. Instead of wedging it under the tire he wedged it sideways in between the tires. Worked like a push pole when he backed up.

I can't picture this Brian, Can you expound a bit?

On youtube haven't I seen the 2×4 (maybe two or two and a half feet long) laid across the dual wheels, parallel to axle, and then strapped in place with a webbing strap wrapped around the inside and outside of the duals? Then when tires rotate 2x4 comes around and grabs every so often and walkes itself out.

Old timers used to use that method to get their old tractors out. Lots of them were hurt and killed. When they let off the clutch, if the tractor had the power, one of two things happened. The tractor pulled forward and came out of the hole or it would flip over backwards. Most of those older tractors don't have cabs or roll bars. So their head was the highest point. If they couldn't get off the gas and on the brake in time it wouldn't end well.

The single reason why humans live longer today than at any other time in the entire history of humans is.... Clean water.

Back