Anyone Going To Florida / What Gear???

Yes, there's work. No, you're not going to get much work unless you are connected with a local outfit. Tree guys are scum and most people know it, so most jobs will go to a referral and not the guy knocking at the door.

Power is quickly being restored around here. Yesterday was 88% of households had power and today will be a lot more. So food will be easily found but lodging will be difficult and/or expensive.

In the last week I've seen almost no out-of-town tree guys, all locals. I think the damage is so widespread that there's more work than even the out of town guys can cover. I think the worst of the uprooted trees will be dealt with in another week but there will be months of work. The crazy money is mostly gone already as people aren't so panicked if the tree has been laying on the house for 5 days.

Very little chipping or hauling. Almost everything is going to the curb in anticipation of FEMA dollars paying for cleanup. But that will take time. Buckets, cranes and grapple loaders are your best tools. Too early to grind stumps yet but there will be lots of stump work in a few weeks.

IMO the coasts will have more damage than the center of the State. Probably why no carpetbaggers here.

Thanks for the information Brian. I hope people don't think I am one to take advantage of people! There are times when I do well in business I start to feel bad lol. The market here really sucks thanks to a few hacks and recently two large Tree Service's that are trying to pay off all their new equipment. They are bidding jobs so low it would be foolish to try and compete. I have learned that the hard way this year. Their focus is on strictly volume and not quality.
Like you said the big money jobs are already done. I think the whole experience would be good in general though. If I can help people get their homes back in order and make good money doing it then it's good for everybody. Also I don't want to be the cheapest or the most expensive. I want to lay my head down at night knowing I helped someone by providing excellent service. At the same time I make money. People need someone they can trust during these stressful times so if anything it's a win / win for both parties. Don't know if I will make it in time though. The soonest would be by the weekend. Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like that set up Gary. Especially the bar holding ropes and harnesses. Once you put in some shelving that should be a pretty sweet set up. Thanks for the post 👍

+100.

Carl must feel blessed these days. Severely overworked, but blessed

Me?

I assuredly am, laying in bed with the wife and (as of tomorrow) 8 month old on
my arm with the other two in their rooms.

I thought about chasing Irma, didn't pursue it and no opportunities came to me. My main thought was using the Mec to get trees off of houses. No way do I want to spend a month + away from home hauling.

I am actually getting quite busy here with people worrying about problem trees. The news has a lit a fire under some over here to get dead/hazard trees down. Lol.

We have the tools for working if you are a stand up, moral and decent man/woman. PM me if you are interested. You need to be able to provide for yourself, shelter, food, water ect. (look at Gary's list) I am not your mama, lol

Me?

I assuredly am, laying in bed with the wife and (as of tomorrow) 8 month old on
my arm with the other two in their rooms.

I thought about chasing Irma, didn't pursue it and no opportunities came to me. My main thought was using the Mec to get trees off of houses. No way do I want to spend a month + away from home hauling.

8)

We have the tools for working if you are a stand up, moral and decent man/woman. PM me if you are interested. You need to be able to provide for yourself, shelter, food, water ect. (look at Gary's list) I am not your mama, lol

Do you have power yet?my mom has a place on big pine.we just lose my dad a few weeks ago she is inching to get back but I'm trying to make her wait a little longer.

I sent you a pm

Back