Irma watch

Pctree (and others) another time, another thread eh?

That's fine. But look at you being all moderator-like yet you were all aggressive and dick-like to Jay, what was up with that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny thing occurred to me. When I left here 4-5 years ago I thought I was the biggest asshole dick on the forum. Now I can see I've been replaced several times over. That is all.

Too funny Brian. Headed down a little northeast of you near Leesburg to do some volunteer work in the morning, talked to the gentleman in charge of the relief effort and he said they could sure use a climber. Evidently some widows and elderly there don't have insurance and cant afford to pay to get the trees off their houses. Should be a rewarding adventure.

That's cool, Ray...same as we did with Katrina. They needed cranes and climbers, had very little of either. You will be much appreciated there.

My best day was $1900 minus my ground guy who I'm paying 15% for storm work. But I have $3K for tomorrow. Chicken scratch compared to what some outfits are doing but I have almost no expenses out of that and it's just me. I'm mostly just trying to help friends, family and previous customers.

I love my bucket truck! :love:

Brian I would be quite happy to make the kind of money you are talking about. I have no heavy equipment so I would gladly take the work you may not be able access with your bucket and/or may not want. So feel free to hit me up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My bad.
I was reading Vharrison's quite moving account and found the instant switch to arguing about warmongering insensitive.

I can see how someone like me acting moddish would rub some up the wrong way.

Good work Ray.

So, the plane is a c-116, not the president lol. I think that was the number of the plane, one of the largest carrier planes.

Headed into the office, no power there, but the men were allowed back yesterday and will be in to formulate our plan.

Just got internet back again. Went out 2 days ago. As of today I finally have all my emergency jobs done. No more trees on or uprooted and leaning over houses. I'm exhausted. Going to do 3 easy jobs tomorrow and probably hit a couple trees in my ground guy's yard. I still have at least a dozen calls to return but will deal with it later. Been blowing off anybody with work unrelated to the hurricane for at least a month. Just telling them to call back later.

I've worked 10 days straight and have scheduled work the next two days but I'm taking Sunday off. At some point between now and then I'll return the rest of my calls and go through my list in order to figure out next week's schedule.

Glad to hear you're caught up on the danger stuff Brian. Just got back from the Leesburg area and was amazed at the damage there. They were on the east side of the center and talking to most of the folks we helped, they all heard the unmistakeable freight train just before things got ugly, so I think tornadoes caused the most destruction there. It looks like a few months of work to be done that area yet. The amount of debris piled roadside in some areas is amazing.

The amount of debris piled roadside in some areas is amazing.

Yep, and that is from one end of the state to the other and across the state!! Holy smokes, what a mess. The red cross left Marathon today, now stationing in Big Pine Key. All but two neighborhoods in Marathon have drinkable water and power. That is huge. HUGE. The sewer working is even HUGER! lol.

We get though it, just takes time.

We are working 6 days, tree crew will be in Key West for a month at least. Only one piece of equipment is giving us a fit, the back hoe of things. Water went in through the exaust and some other problems I can't explain because I know nothing about back hoes other than they are working on it cause we need it!

Back