Irma watch

On a different note, I would like to nominate the entire Weather Channel crew for an Oscar. While watching one of their actors,...... I mean reporters, doing a live wind dance in 20mph winds, my wife said she'd love for a bystander to walk up behind them and hold their hands up like; "what are these idiots doing?"

Glad you are OK. Had to check back in after they were saying Marathon took the brunt of it.

Very glad to hear y'all are okay Virginia. I'm sure it will be a challenge heading back and checking things out.

I got word today that my friend in st-martin was able to get his daughter on a military C-130 headed to Puerto Rico. Then she's coming to stay with friends in Atlanta. He and his wife are staying down there to keep working.

Great update, V, good luck moving forward. Let us know how your arborist is .

A good friend of mine was stuck at the Orlando convention center, she said " Oh yeah it is crazy here, FEMA is here, and all the electric guys , and all the treemen with their giant boots and no teeth..":lol:

Good to hear you are Ok V...and that your house might be standing. Prayers for your arbo!

Ditto the weather channel 'actors'...I know I've said before about when they came to Bermuda...one tied himself to a palm tree to file a report, and the kids were running around in the background. 400 years of dealing with hurricanes, adapting our architecture to cope, building resilience...go away sensation seekers!

A friend on the ground in Marathon with a SAT phone confirmed our hope. House is fine, office is fine, equipment is FINE!!

If you see any reports, you may notice they have not mentioned how many deaths. I have heard, from a very reliable source, that 200 people died in Marathon alone, mostly boaters on Boot Key Harbor. The have set up a temporary morgue powered with a generator. I hope my source is wrong.

Still no word on our Arborist. I spoke with his wife's son today and again this evening. No word.

We need to get back and get to work! Just waiting for the all clear.

We are supposed to get rain this evening or in the morning driven by that storm .Think about that 1500 miles north from where it hit landfall .

Seems fortunate for Vee ... Lots of total losses in the keys. House , Boat , even life ... Seems some that stayed have to get air evac'd now ...Gotta be grateful , prob a good move to leave then come back.

Does anyone know how bad Cudjoe was hit? I think my cousin stayed through it.. haven't heard from her yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh great news V!!! Hopefully you'll be able to get back to it soon.
That's worrisome about the death reports...hopefully it's just a chinese whisper that grew legs in the re-telling.

Bodean, you know you can put her on a list, 1-800-323-7733

Also, national guard are at the Winn Dixie on Big Pine Key 1-305-872-4142

also, rescue people at the Moose Lodge 1-305-827-4063

I saw Fema search and rescue on the tv today, they were on Cudjoe Key. Parts of Cudjoe were leveled and other structures okay.

Thank you, Gigi. :)

I'm really happy your spot survived...so you can help bring things back to order for your community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Watch out for the crazies on the road!

I bet traffic is light so far down there.

A buddy has been hauling huge tents and supplies down to the Keys with his Pete semi, he's only seen it at night for 2 trips now but says it is real rough down there and virtually no traffic, so far.

Back