Irma watch

Glad your route worked out so well for you. Best wishes on everyone's safety.

It would seem in today's world of high level logistics, personal media, and computers, that State officials in these dangerous areas would be able to have some kind of plan to monitor and instruct the public, area by area, which routes to take out of danger to add some sanity to the situation. It appears they just say "run!" and leave things as free for all...why else would one road be swamped and another nearly empty.

Glad you are tucked in somewhere safer vi. Let us know how you fare. Prayers that your business and trucks will get through it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
isawvcse.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the eye will pass right between Marathon and Key West, putting the worst of it right on Marathon. Hoping the best for you, V.

Got both bucket trucks topped off with diesel after work. About half the stations are out of fuel. Did some final prep including swapping out the winch rope on the big truck. Tomorrow I'll work on my saws while I wait. Gotta make up extra chains and I'll clean/service them all. Good way to kill a few hours waiting for the storm.

Man, it went right over Marathon.

Irma's all over the news this AM.

Crikey! :\:

Attachments

• Marathon_Irma.jpg
    Marathon_Irma.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 62
Mandatory evac here too but we're not going anywhere today. If it goes east of us we'll be fine. Been wide open the last few days trying to clear up any hazards for regular customers, got home this morning and the wife started pointing out hazards around our house:).
I hope V's place is okay, Butch is right, they took a pretty direct hit. Will spend the rest of the day tying down and getting ready.

It looks like Virginia evacuated from one side of the eye to the other! :\:

At least it must be higher ground...

Pretty much over here, wasn't much to it, probably 40-50 mph winds, not that much rain. The north wind has the tide blown out of here, by far the lowest I've ever seen it, several hundred yards offshore in a lot of places. There's a few outages in the county but all the feeders are hot. I'm close to the substation and as far as I know the breaker only operated once during the night.

Back