Parting out Stihl 170, 290, 391, Husqvarna 455, 240, and redmax blower

Nutball

TreeHouser
I'm not in the mood for fixing or putting these back together because I have other things to do and I don't like complicated repairs, so I'm selling this broken down equipment for parts, And hopefully buy something new. If you buy all they will come as is, half taken apart. Some parts such ad screws and nuts could be mixed into parts for other saws, so if you wanted one whole saw, it might be missing some minor parts. Some screws such as engine or muffler bolts might be stripped from using a stripped screw extractor. They will be included if I still have them in case you want to cut a flat slot into them.

If you need a part, ask if I have it, then we'll talk about price. I have some new parts both genuine and aftermarket.

Parts equipment includes:

Old MS170, runs well, but is half apart and needs an anti vibe buffer replaced, new buffer and pull starter are available.

New version MS 170, I think this is one where the engine is starting to get weak, but it still runs. I think it just needed a new top cover, and the cover mounting hook fabricated. New cover available.

ms 290, engine runs, aftermarket carb was a bit lean on the low speed, so it would die at idle. It's oil pump blew up, I was in the process of putting it back together with new parts, and it seems like I might have missed a part, so I gave up.

ms 391, the piston and cylinder wore out. I think that's all it needs, but it's in pieces right now.

ms 193 I think is what this used oil pump goes to. It seized and stripped the worm gear. I broke it free, and it seems like it could still work.

Husqvarna 240, I never got around to really checking it out. It might have and oil and gas leak fixable by JB weld or silicone. It has some cracks here and there. It didn't start when I tried once, so it could be the carb or fuel lines.

Husqvarna 455, its engine is wearing out, but all of a sudden it stopped getting fuel, no fuel at all gets to the engine (my test method works well, I put a torch near the spark plug hole and pull the cord. Usually fire puffs out, but not this time). It will run on starting fluid.

Redmax blower: the fuel tank is dirty, the carb assembly seems loose, something might have been dropped on it. I don't think it starts, but I have not tried starting fluid.

Craftsman 42cc, likely has many of the same parts as 38-42cc Husqvarna saws. I've even seen the H crown symbol on some parts. It's piston is worn out, so it doesn't fire.

Lots of parts new and used in these, that I have not mentioned specifically

Back