Gary Vaynerchuk

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
Anyone else on the TreeHouse follow GaryVee? He is a huge inspiration for me, constantly reminding me to hustle in business.

Gary Vaynerchuk was born in the Soviet Union, in Belarus. His family emigrated to the US when he was 3. A born entrepreneur, he is a pioneer in online retailing, social media storytelling, and branding. Clients of his $100 million digital ad agency VanyerMedia include Fortune 500 companies such as General Electric, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. In addition to his business acumen, Gary is a highly sought-after public speaker, 4-time bestselling author, and an angel investor in dozens of Silicon Valley startups, including Facebook and Twitter. And in his spare time, Gary is a social media influencer with millions of followers, operating under the nickname GaryVee. In other words, Gary Vaynerchuk works harder than you and I do.

This is an excerpt from my newest article: "Gary Vaynerchuk's 10 Rules of Success":

1. Hustle!

As Gary Vee is fond of saying, “Hustle is the number-one controllable factor of personal success”. You might not be the best looking, or the smartest, or the strongest, but you CAN outwork your competition. As Napoleon Hill famously said, “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.” Don’t have time? Get up earlier. Don’t play Call of Duty. Don’t veg out on Facebook. Time is not something to be ‘found’ – nobody ‘lost’ it. Time is something to be made. You will make time in your life to accomplish everything that matters to you. You can take that one to the bank.

2. Bet on your strengths. Triple down on what you’re good at and ignore the rest.

Self-awareness is one of the keys to life. Since ancient times, the phrase “know thyself” has had a profoundly important meaning and role in the lives of people trying to better themselves. You can’t be good at everything. When I was young I often heard people use the term ‘jack of all trades, master of none’ in endearing terms, as if this was something to strive for. But in this modern world of information overload, that has all changed. The people who have the biggest impact and the most success these days are the ones who zero in with laser focus on one thing and become the best at it. Do you actually think that LeBron James gave a crap about organic chemistry? Know thyself. Don’t try to be something you’re not.

Continue Reading on my blog (it's too long to post the whole thing here):

www.educatedclimber.com/gary-vaynerchuks-10-rules-of-success

Cheers,

I've learned so much from him. I took my marketing skills to another level and amazing inspiration work ethic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kenny, I see you hustling all the time bro! Hell of a job. Check out Gary Vee's podcast, "The Gary Vee Audio Experience". His keynote speeches are the best.

Thanks Patrick! Yeah his keynotes are amazing, so much good content like you say for free.

Back