Husky equivalent of 461

The pro line will be the ones with the XP designation at the end of the model number. The last two numbers will be relatively close to the displacement class for that model. 395XP is 94cc, 372XP is 71cc, 562XP is 60cc, 576XP is 74cc, etc.

For many years the 372XP was tops in its class but I'm not fond of the latest 'improvements' known as X-Torq. They added an extra port which draws in fresh air in between each compression stroke to help push the burned exhaust out without also blowing out unburned fuel from the incoming fresh charge. This added weight and reduced power. It also made the saws very fussy and difficult to start. 8-10 pulls to start a cold saw and 4-5 pulls to start a warm saw, I cringe when I have to pull mine out. Once it is running it's fine but the difficult starting makes you more likely to leave it running for long periods between cuts instead of having to start it again.

The 575XP is the only other saw in that range worthy of looking at, I haven't used one yet. The 390XP is a 395XP with a smaller piston and bore, same weight. If you are going that route then just buy another 395.

Here's a list of pro Husqvarna saws and specs. Bailey's can't post prices online due to Husqvarna policies but they usually have the best prices.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chainsaws/Professional-Chainsaws/Husqvarna-Professional-Chainsaws/

I've got a 576XP and MS461. They are very similar from a capability standpoint. The 461 is a little more nimble in the hand.

The 461 is a beast of a saw for weight to power ratio. I go straight from my 201tc to it and then the 661. I've only touched a few huskies (and my hands were burning) so I might be a bit biased. My 2 cents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know I ran stills my whole life but the way they dealt with the 201s when they where first released, "theres nothing wrong with your saw but heres a fix you can buy" was such bullshit I just can't give them my money anymore.

Husky ain't a bad world to live in , though I believe my Stihls aged a little more gracefully. Husky is not a perfect company and has done stupidshit too like buying Redmax then selling their climb saw as the "new" top handle model , merely a rebadged saw of a different color. Like no one would notice ... Sold it after two tanks.

576xp is just a smoother 460 in my opinion. Same power and weight, and the first gen autotune is alot more reliable/liveable. I have run both and like both alot but the av of the husky is top notch, plus the filtration is leagues ahead.

The 390XP is a 395XP with a smaller piston and bore, same weight.

Not quite. The 390 is built on the same chassis as the 385. It is far lighter than the 395.... and, woods ported, will spank a stock or dual port 660, and save 2 lb in weight..

390 1mm bigger bore then 385. Neither have anything to do with 395.

2lbs difference in weight like RB said too. 390 to 395 weights.

I consider 390 and 660 in same class by weight same same and cc so close.

They are direct competitors, the 390/2188 & the MS660/661.

The MS461 is worth buying.

The 575/576 Huskys have bottom end bearing troubles and have been a "stop gap" saw till the new 572 comes out.

I would recommend buying a MS461 & letting others prove the 572.

New Models of just about anything have a "get the kinks worked out" phase, & those probably won't be any different.

I doubt that the 372 will be a vast improvement from 575/576. We'll see...
Bottom end bearings, top end bearings, running hot, cracking, there is a number of issues with 575/576.
Case on 572 look a lot like 576..
From what I have seen so far its a lot of talk, not much to show for it...

385/390 is a wonderful saw!
394/395 I just tested a bit but it seemed to be a step up and closer to 3120 in its performance. I miss the "umpf" thats in 385/390 if that makes any sence to you..

I've heard for a long time now that the 575 had crank bearing issues, solved with the 576. It's a bummer to hear they're still having issues. It's a nice saw. . .

You folks have seen the lower end of the 572 compared to the 372 crank bearings? If not will dig up the pic from a thread on my site.
372 575 576 385 390 all had crank bearing troubles IMO.

No bearing issues with my 2011 576xp. In fact the only thing that's neededneed replacing was an impulse line. Lots of hours on this saw, still runs great.

Haven't seen or heard any 385 or 390 blow bearings here. Seen some hard abused ones....

Have a custemer here with one 575, two 576 that never past 3 moths. He has been running 7900 now going on three years.

Back