ArbFest West 2017

Merle Nelson

TreeHouser
ArbFest West is coming Sept. 16th and 17th in Sacramento.

It was a great event last time. I know they are supposed to do a crane rigging class. And the incredible SRT class/demo is happening again.

I'm already gonna miss out on a long road trip this year. This one would come in as a second. They're not hosting anything remotely near me or I would go. It would be a good learning experience though if I could make it.

I have always enjoyed these types of events. Having said that, this event seems rather light on content. Also, no r.v. Parking, cannot park overnight in parking lot, must wear life vests while swimming? Seems odd. 50 bucks is not bad.
The west coast is a hard place to find real good tree events.
Treestuff and the small climbing equipment demp parties i really like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It ended up being a great learning opportunity and event as far as I'm concerned. A guy came from Poland just to attend this event. He was going to hit one other National Park before he went back but, he came primarily for this.

Sherrill and all the presenters put in over the top effort to make it happen and make it top notch. My hat is off to everyone responsible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not too late. Fun to learn and see all the new stuff and technique available.

Lawrence (Phanner Man here) and his teaching cohort said they have both been doing SRT for seven years in the trees. That puts things in perspective when you watch them and see how much is available that is not really there for doubled rope. About seven years and less all of that has been available.

Kevin Bingham mentioned often in all that too. Rope Wrench spoken of, used and referred to a lot.

Back