Gecko Climbers

I've only ever used bashlins with long spurs..wish they made a foot ascender that bolts up... I tried some geckos with the short euro barbs....

I wasn't stoked...but anything is better than Klein and L pads...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I didn't care for those short Euro barbs, either. Tried them several times, and wasn't pleased with the results. MY CF's had the long American style gaffs, just like our Bashlins...they were sweet spurs.

I'm thinking that combo for/if I upgrade.... CF'S with some long ass spurs...my favorite... even on a thin whatever...

I'm a Bashlin fan too, but I need some better pads...why are they so expensive?

Cause we like them.

I got the euc pads that lock onto the shank and stop the pad spin...

demand...supply hey.
Mebbe I'll get my Mr. to make me some...

Caddies are cool, but they are so bulky.

Those steel shin cup pads that I got from Brian REALLY work for me, and aren't bulky at all.

If I couldn't use them, I'd want the caddies.

Never understood the "bulky" issue you have issue with, myself. But I am more than happy to accept your premise that those steel shin cup pads are a great alternative. One of the few spur pads of the many I got the chance to try that didn't fall into a strong positive or negative category. Which actually is a pretty strong positive, now that I think on it...most spur pads just plain suck :D.

My climbing style lends to a lot of kneeling, and when I wear caddies I find myself kneeling on them, which I didn't like much like.

'Tis all good!

I have to say that kneeling was just about a "never" move for me. There you have it, different tools are best suited to different climbing styles.

Been having a great year!

VWyRECL.gif

Back