Floyd vs McGregor

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 108
  • Views 10K
McGregor had some great skillful moves. He threw some very good counters., including that one counter uppercut. I don't recall if it hit Floyd, but it's something you don't see much, as I believe the commentator pointed out. Was Conor getting points in the early rounds by being the aggressor with or without Floyd's permission? I mean getting the other fighter to wear himself out is a common strategy. McGregor isn't accustomed to long fights. He looked done but an 11th round could have been interesting. His parents said that they were proud of him, deservedly.

I think he had a chance of getting caught in the first 4-5 rounds. I believe that was the only way Conner could beat him. Mayweather had him after 5, it turned into his usual day at the office.

Floyd has never ever been knocked down except once that was ruled that way but may have not really been one. Wasn't it the same with Manny until he walked into that punch? Pacquiao vs McGregor might be an interesting match up, Manny doesn't have the type of defense that Floyd has and known to be an aggressive fighter. Some advantages to Conor in that one too with the reach and like Floyd, Manny past his prime apparently. Pacquiao isn't a big hype it up before the fight type and it could be a very different contest compared to against Floyd. If Manny knocked out McGregor I think it would be cool. How would McGregor respond to Manny taking the fight to him early? Pacman always has tremendous conditioning even when being aggressive through and into the late rounds. Legs can't be what they used to be...

Hopefully this fight will bring boxing back up in popularity. It seems to have faded away(other than Floyd's fights) since mma has gotten so big. Would love to see it come back. I miss the old local "toughman" fights locally as well as the big ones on tv.

Lots of marketing wank
Plenty of that Jim. They acted like they hated each other with a vengeance, then walked arm in arm to the bank to cash their checks. The stamina of guys like Mayweather is truly amazing. Anyone who has competed all out for a few minutes or more knows the work that it takes to prepare your body for that kind of torture, and even then, if you're not naturally gifted with it, you're going to run out of gas.

Reg would probably like to see Tommy Hearns fight McGregor if he was still in his prime, possibly nobody hits like that in the MMA. Maybe vs Floyd for that matter.

merlin-to-scoop-126440606-852760-superJumbo.jpg

Sport is entertainment, this was entertainment.

If you bought into it (i.e. you paid to watch it) you got your money's worth, your questions were answered.

It wasn't a fix, I've no doubt if McGregor could have floored him, he would have.

Thanks, but the same deal. They give me a glimpse, but after reading a few lines they shut it down with the pay option..

Back