Floyd vs McGregor

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 108
  • Views 10K
Get pretty small odds on that, I think.

I just watched this clip.
Can't stand and never could stand Mayweather's way of "fighting". Just bends down and curls up everytime he gets pressed in infight.
Wish McGregor would have forgotten himself and given him a knee in the face, just once.:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TCxhHMwqnS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought they were both loud.

Plenty of folks are saying Floyd could have taken him much earlier....but the people would have been pissed because of all the money spent.

How could you possibly prove that?

It seems that Floyd did not have to work that hard.

Get pretty small odds on that, I think.

I just watched this clip.
Can't stand and never could stand Mayweather's way of "fighting". Just bends down and curls up everytime he gets pressed in infight.
Wish McGregor would have forgotten himself and given him a knee in the face, just once.:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TCxhHMwqnS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nobody ever likes defense... But it is what wins championships.

Yeah, found it now.

What part of my post caused that? He's a worldwide name now thanks to his brilliantly funny trash talking, I read a number of reviews of the fight, he did OK by most accounts, tired badly but landed a few. Certainly not humiliated.

He's transcended MMA now, moved into global status.

I has hoping Macgregor was going to snap and deliver a roundhouse kick to the head creating the most amazing moment in sports history......

Well, he certainly has put in the time and effort to deserve good things.

It always troubles me a bit when these fighters get used up and tossed aside. We only remember a handful of them. I guess its no different than any type of show biz or entertainment.

I has hoping Macgregor was going to snap and deliver a roundhouse kick to the head creating the most amazing moment in sports history......

It still wouldn't be the most, since it would be explainable. Nothing can top Tyson biting off Holyfield's earlobe.

McGregor could fade quick as a fighter, many have never been the same in the ring after getting beat up. Loss of confidence or broken brain synapsis, whatever it is. The posturing after such a bout doesn't mean much. Perhaps more guys in MMA are hungry to get a piece of him now, and for the interest that will bring in more money.

Word is that Floyd was pulling punches.

Could have ended very badly for Connor.

Kind of like Floyd used juuuuust enough to win. Keep it interesting so to speak.

Might be BS.

That's highly unlikely Jim. It's not in his nature to leave anything to chance, as shown through his whole career. More so with this fight, as a defeat to a guy making his boxing debut would've meant disaster for his legacy. McGregor was just more effective than most expected through those early rounds. Long arms and great timing....until he got tired.

Back