Floyd vs McGregor

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 108
  • Views 10K
He's amazing, no doubt about it. Still aint paying to watch him though.

I think that is what pisses me off the most about the antics of the pressers and the weigh ins. The lack of respect.

As a quick example... Anderson Silva was fighting Chris Weidman (Sp) for some wight class UFC title. The brazilian kicked Weidman and his tib and fib broke on impact with Weidman's knee. Anderson fell down screaming and Weidman ran around the ring cheers and chanting and in his post fight interview he was boasting how he had planned it all along and it was meant to break his shin. BS, it was a freak accident, but one that could have meant the complete loss of the limb.

In Contrast...

Dutch Thai/Kickboxer Tyrone Spong fought in a bout against Gokhan Saki in Glory 15, a high level kickboxing organisation. Spong threw a Thai style round kick, Saki blocked it and the Dutchman's leg broke on impact. Before he hit the deck, Saki was almost cradling him to the floor to reduce impact and was screaming over to get medics and alert people to the problem.

That is respect for you IMO. Some fellas in MMA seem to have lost that level of respect. Although the mouth does tend to sell the fight better.

Very interesting. That was a great post.

It was for the middleweight 185lb title. Just as a different perspective, yes Weidman did celebrate after the stoppage but he also showed concern in the ring for Silva. He also said Silva was still the GOAT and he had loads of respect for everything he has accomplished. A lot was written about the kick that was checked by the knee causing the broken leg and he and his coaches said they trained obsessively to check those kicks cuz he had ben lit up by leg kicks in their first match up. I didn't hear they were trying to break his shin on purpose. As you know, throwing kicks has its dangers.

I know Cory. There was respect there but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Probably so hyped on adrenalin, from the win. It was more an interview I heard afterwards.

Spong broke his leg about 3 weekends after Silva did. It was just the contrast of how the two carried on immediately after the incident, that I found remarkable.

Spong has now had to go to pro boxing, probably for the money, but I reckon that happening to you would have a serious psychological effect on the old noggin. It would take a long time to be able to clatter those kicks in, full wack. Bare shin to bare shin.

It broke Nicholas Pettas.
He was never the same after that broken leg.

Yes, I know.
Back in the days of dinosaurs.
I still remember him because I trained with him back in my Kyokushin days and I loved the way he overcame the "Giant".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U5G-Du_LbOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that was a nasty ass fight! what was that animal like to train with?? Talk about clatter those kicks in, full wack. Bare shin to bare shin!! as biggun said.

There's a video out there of the Mountain and McGregor sparring, playing around in the ring.

If Halfthor coulda got his hands on him, he woulda been mincemeat! But McGregor was too fast for the giant.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aaehn1aY8Ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For sure!

I really dug that arm wrestling vid you posted before, I followed up with a question, was your arm killing you the next day after your big win at the tourney?

Nice.

Sometimes I do the same thing if I've been one handing the 201 way too much, it always helps!

My favorite kind of fight, reminds me of a fight that happened back in my younger days between two local "notorious" punks, it was awesome to watch, didn't even mind the sickening thuds because every hit landed. . . no matter who it landed on was a victory. Both total douches, makes no difference who wins.

aug

Lol been a witness to a few of those. You know it's a good one when everyone watching is cursing and grimacing in a soft and soothing voice as if they are trying to ease the ones fighting pain.

Pro ref doesn't change his MO for the prestige of the fight. He just does his job. Connor wasn't defending and was becoming a fun punching bag

aug

Now how about a match according to the rules McGregor is used to fighting under.

Back