Equipment care

Knot eye. But the best thing I ever found for equipment care was entering a parade. I always work best under pressure.

IMG_0110.jpg

Are you talking about the aerosol spray on wax? I've tried it out and wasn't enamoured. But I use 'quick detailer' between hand waxes to maintain the shine on my current fleet.

For equipment I always have favoured a one step cleaner/wax. Like the boat/rv/plane types. It's hand applied and rubbed off but does a fantastic job of cleaning and waxing in one step. Slightly more abrasive than I'd use on my personal vehicles, but does wonders for dirty paint. Pitch, dust, dirt whatever, comes right off. That's what was applied to the truck in the pics annually. Right before the parade!

That was actually metal, the back half of that rack was solid. It was a nice truck, air brakes. Lift gave me a couple of issues but never killed me. Nice Guy Dave looked at it in Washington for me and then the seller drove it to the border where I met him. ITE trucks in Washington. A great guy to deal with, Lonnie. Right at the border he said look it over, if you don't like what you see you don't have to buy it. Honest seller.

I was thinking about this subject today. That and what would make a good slippery coating for a dump bed.

I've been watching ITE.

Wish he listed prices. Seems to have a small selection of New or mostly new stuff. My chip truck has ITE mud flaps.

I was thinking about this subject today. That and what would make a good slippery coating for a dump bed.
I think the soybean farmers around here use some sort of graphite for their gravity wagons to keep the beans from sticking to the sides. Might be a little dirty though? It's slick stuff though!

Long time no see stranger (@ Arboworks)

Im just trying to consider keeping my shit looking good, never occurred to me before !!

Back