Small chipper advice

That's an older one. Appears to be original paint. If so, not that much use on it and cared for.

I have a Bandit 65AW 35 horse Wisconsin. They can get the work done. Good price if sound.

I would plan to check it over AND run a truck load of brush similar to what you encounter through it. When I bought mine used it checked out ok, brush ran ok - with dullish knives. I bought it changed the knives and flipped the other thingy and it chipped great.

When those engines work....they just work. Mine has been sitting for 2.5 years and I sometimes let 6 months get by me before starting it up. Check it over, crank it and it goes.

Mine is 1800 lbs, that looks to be similar weight. About $100 in swiveling pneumatic tire on front jackstand and you can push it into some labor saving locations easily.

Ahh yeah, thanks. Too lazy to go look it up at time of posting.

Chris E mentioned air filter pre cleaners. The cyclone type that has a spinner inside which kicks heavier particles out of the air stream before being sucked through the filter is amazing. The air filter on my chipper stays clean multiple times as long.

There are light plastic models that would go on that 65 perfectly.

I've used Oblan spinner pre filters for a long time, they are really good. http://www.ngclark.com.au/brands/oblan/externally-mounted-dynamic-air-precleaners-kc-series/

Oblan-KC-Precleaner-1-300x200.jpg

Donaldson make pretty good ones as well.

Yes nice. I bought a really pretty metal one for over $100 and when I received it in the mail and was holding it in my hands I realized it was too heavy to be vibrating on top of the old plastic air filter housing. You may want the cheaper plastic model that is light weight.

This little Brush Bandit 90 is still on Craigslist. The more I look at it the better it looks. Cheap enough that it would be hard to lose money on it. I have no way to easily incorporate it into my business model but I emailed the seller anyway. Only way I can even use it is to have another driver pull it to the job using my pickup truck and chip into the dump trailer.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/grd/6246102365.html

00r0r_dbLRdM7gbHS_1200x900.jpg

01616_4gCCXWHRBPF_1200x900.jpg

Looks like a very good deal. My Vermeer BC935 was $6000 and pretty rough looking. I got it painted and it is respectable now. That Bandit looks good, must have been kept under a shelter.

Well after sitting on it for a week I finally decided to pursue the chipper. I just emailed the seller with my phone number to set a time to drive down and look at it. Fort Myers is about 170 miles away if I drive straight down 17 or 210 miles if I stick with the Interstate. Hopefully he calls me back and I can head down this weekend.

Heading down tomorrow. Who knew this storm would blow up like it has? Getting home may be a challenge with all the evacuees on the roads. I'm leaving early so hopefully I can still get home in time to make a 2:30 appointment. On the other hand if it's bad I may not get home until after dark.

Good luck Brian. Hope she's a beaut and you beat the traffic. Category 5 was my last weather alert. Be careful out there

I got it and got home with it about 1:30. It's had some use but it's in pretty good shape for the price. I need to replace the throttle cable and one of the bearings on the lower roller along with some sharp knives, etc. The intake is 16" wide.

Adjusted the throttle cable so it doesn't pull all the way out any more. Repurposed a small pair of needle nose vise grips for throttle control so that's working properly for now. Trimmed 1.5" off the top of the muffler outlet so that the elbow doesn't hit the chipper chute any more. Ordered oil, hydraulic and fuel filters for it from www.fleetfilter.com. I need to contact Bandit and get a service manual for it, hopefully a basic parts list as well. If not, I can figure it out. The only major item I need to worry about is the feed roller bearing. Not too bad for $5K.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 37
Nice! Bet you'll be putting that to use pretty soon. Here's praying you get through Irma OK...that one is some serious scary weather.

Storm work here we come!
Good luck with her.
Some paint will go a long way.Sam aka general chipper comes to mind.��

Looks good. If you talk to bandit I think they will send you an owners manuel and parts manual in a PDF file for free. The printer will run for a while but you'll have it the same day. We made two copies for ours. One stays at the desk and one for in the shop. Shop one gets dirty and written in for notes and records.

Back