How much used up is a 3000 hour Brush Bandit 250?

SeanKroll

Treehouser
With a winch
$22,500
Owner died.
For sale near me.

I don't know what to expect it is 'broken in', average, or over the hill.

Magically, my chipper hours hasn't changed from about 3600 for ten years... Only if I rattle the hour meter.

Yeah , my engine clock doesn't work either. Bandit's are workhorses for sure , if motor is Diesel the hours wouldn't keep me out of looking into it further.

I paid less with less hours but mine is a 2005. It is a work horse though. For 6-8" diameter limbs I'll put mine up against a Vermeer 1800 any day. Bandits are built like tanks. Heavy as hell but they don't rattle apart.

3000 hours isn't bad at all. 6 years old so 500 hours per year, seems like a nice amount of hours but not beat to death. For comparison I put about 1000 hours per year on my bucket truck but that counts drive time to and from jobs and it runs the entire time I'm working. A chipper would only run a few hours per day.

And anything with a winch is good. It will make you money every time you use it. And the longer you have it, the more ways you will find to use it.

Sean, Can't speak to the price but the Brush Bandit is a great machine. We have a 2004, yes 2004 280 that ran every day all day for 11 years. It is still our back up machine. Runs like a dog after a bone. Mind you we maintain our machines very well but it is a work horse.

Find out a little about the fellows operation, I am sure who ever is selling it for him would love to talk about him. Look around at his other equipment, is it well maintained? Did he use it every day?

I agree with Brian, the winch is a great feature.

Bandit says in a lot of their promo stuff, there are this many 250's out there - many with over 10,000 hours on them.

Seems believable about most of their chipper models to me. $22,000 is probably high though. Do a Craigs List search for all of the United States.

If its been run and maintained well, 3k hrs is basically nothing.

Sounds reasonable if it's been maintained well. It would be a nice step up from a C+D. Also a lot easier to feed with your mini. Winch is awesome too, +1 on the Deere if it's got one.

Back