Human Breaks Out His TIP

That has been posted.

He was posting on here for a while Jed.

Very unfortunate.

Seems like a nice guy, would be cool if he came back and told of his experience.

Hey, Jim! Would you happen to remember the username he posted under? I've been watching a bunch of his YouTube videos of late, and I am in agreement that he seems like a really nice guy, and knowledeable, also. He's a really big, strong looking guy, who is not afraid to try to tackle some fairly complex looking rigging scenarios. One of the big things that make his videos so compelling to me is his openness and honesty in relating all that he does. Also, I can tell that he puts a good amount of thought into his placement of cameras. He's a good cinematographer.

I'd love to be able to read what he has written on this forum.

Tim

If it was the same guy, he was a new starter in way over his depth.

One of his rigging videos was posted and he was lucky to make it down in one piece. then a couple of weeks later he is hospitalised.

He is a perfect example of why the internet can be a very dangerous weapon for young climbers. Internet forums and a few YouTube videos can never replace the experience of learning and working with real pro’s. Cory “human” needs to either find a new line of work or turn off the friggin' cameras and go work with some pro’s for a few years!

Stopped at the part where the guy films himself lying on the ground injured. That tells me all I need to know about that fella.

I found his vids about a week before his fall. After the third vid of what I deemed very unsafe practices, I watched his tip tying gone wrong vid. I told my wife right then that that fellow isn't going to live long. The next day his fall video came out. Haven't watched any since.

Thanks Jim, thanks sawman, thanks Marc-Antoine. I appreciate all of your efforts to remember this, and to post what you figured out.

Tim

Back