Help with the powerscender I just bought.

dsptech

Treehouser
I bought a used Powerscender from someone in another forum for my Klein spurs.
Just got it in the mail today and the main pivot rivet on has been pulled through the back plate.
If I grab the foot ascender and twist it back and forth there is some play in it.
I asked this person multiple times about the condition of the rivets and was told they look great.
I bought a new HAAS adapter from Tree stuff to go with it.
They both arrived today (with my new buckingham velcro lower straps :love4:) and I was so psyched to get them mounted.
Now I totally bummed out. :crybaby:

I PMd the guy and I'm still waiting to hear back.
I do know a few other guys had issues with the rivets breaking on them from the reviews on TS and were able to get them replaced.
I bought mine used so I guess I'm out of luck.
Is there a place I can send them off to get repaired or a method anyone is aware of that I can do to fix it myself ?

BILD3929.jpg

BILD3930.jpg

BILD3931.jpg

BILD3932.jpg

Attachments

• BILD3933.jpg
    BILD3933.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 99
  • BILD3934.jpg
    BILD3934.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 100
Ill bet mike powers would fix it for you, worth a shot. If not, any fab shop should have the correct rivet gun and rivet and be able to set you up for a few bucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.
Anybody know how I can get in touch with Mike Powers?
@flushcut - Can't wait to try them.
Got these coming tomorrow to go with them ...

Procool.png

I bought a used Powerscender from someone in another forum for my Klein spurs.
Just got it in the mail today and the main pivot rivet on has been pulled through the back plate.....

Are you sure? That looks like the factory rivet on the foot ascender and if so it was never in that hole.

It is hard to tell for sure because the pictures are blurry but I can not see any tooling marks around that hole that a rivet would normally leave.

Good luck.
Thanks Butch.
Looking at the pics at TS it looks likes the ascender is riveted through the plate at that hole.
I figured that was the reason for the wiggle play between the ascender and plate.
If that's bot the case then the other three smaller rivets are loose.

Screenshot_20170803_163155.jpg

Yes, it is certainly supposed to have a rivet there, I just couldn't see any evidence that one had been. Hopefully, Mike will make it right.

Hah , I believe I am in the disapprove boat when combining ascenders and spikes ... methinks Burnham as well. Something could go wrong. Signed , have put my Spikes on in the tree.

Yep, I remember him strongly disapproving in the past, indifferent myself, I've done it, it was nice, didn't feel compromised.

Between Mike and Nick B I bet someone will sort it for you. Nice dudes from my experience.

Man, I love my Spike ascender. Must be these small North East trees, but it's so much nicer than spurring up 60 feet.

Hey guys,
Mike replied to my pm and offered to fix it for me.
He's just a three hour drive from me and went to school here in Syracuse.
What an awesome guy! I'm starstruck and want to have his babies :big-love:
Mailing it out to him tomorrow.

Back