Help with the powerscender I just bought.

Though I disagree w the system I do however respect the manufacturer who stands behind the product rendering service when needed. Throwback in the day of toss it out crap. Gibbs and Pelican stand up !! , Petzl and Kong slouches (losers at customer service) !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike has the Powerscender now and just got a message from him...
Should have it out this coming week. I have a buddy of mine squeezing some strong, solid Monel rivets at a helicopter factory for me. I'm experimenting a little on this one. Hope that's cool.
Freaking awesome!

Powerscender is on the way back to me.
Mike sent the tracking number and it should be here by Friday.
Expect pics shortly after.

That's above was an animated gif.
Couldn't figure out how to keep it as one.

Here some pics of the Powerscender...

BILD3992.jpg

BILD3993.jpg

BILD3994.jpg

BILD3995.jpg

BILD3996.jpg

BILD3998.jpg

I'll put up more when I get it and the HAAS connection mounted.

Here some pics with the HAAS Connection mounted with my new Velcros.
I haven't mounted the Powerscender yet because some of the rivets need to be filed down on the rope side.
Edges stick up a bit and will definitely chew my rope. :big-mad-no:

How do you add pics as a thumbnails that when clicked open up large?

BILD4001.jpg

BILD4003.jpg

BILD4004.jpg

BILD4006.jpg

BILD4007.jpg

BILD4011.jpg

I think your knee ascender mount is upside down, although it might give you a bit more stride.... hmmm

That looks WEIGHTY.
They may be a bit heavier but they are so cushy nice.
Feels like a Super Mega Roll of Charmin Ultra Soft wrapped around your legs. :D

Hmm,bout time the buck pads got an update. Surprised you don't have aluminum shanks
These actually are Weaver branded Pads that came out recently.
I happened by them while searching for the 4" Velcro Buckingham C-cup pads.
These new Weaver pads cost around the same so I went with them instead.
I'd love me some Aluminum shanks but I'm just starting out and these will have to do for now till I score some decent work.
They are a world of difference compared to the ancient pole spikes I started with and won't be gaffing out as much and if I do those big pads will save some pain.

Got the same Powerscender back from Mike.
I spent three hours in the garage last night with a large pair of vice grips, bench vice, a 3lb and framing hammer, nail punches, and a 3m scotch pad on my air grinder to flatten and clean up them rivets.
Those dammed rivets took a hell of a beating to get them to squish down.
Had a fair amount of sanding and polishing to smooth out the new wounds I created in the process.
The only way these rivets are coming out now is if they take some of the mounting plate with them on the way out.
I'll post some more pics later.

I think your knee ascender mount is upside down, although it might give you a bit more stride.... hmmm
Crap! They very well could be.
Didn't have any pics to go by and the included instructions primarily focused on the Powerscender and didn't include pics or diagrams.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention greengreer
.Thatt's now corrected.

BILD4017.jpg

BILD4020.jpg

Some new paint on the bracket.
Too bad about the anodizing but had to knock those rivets down and that scratches I made in the process of pounding them rivets down. :cry:

BILD4030.jpg

BILD4031.jpg

BILD4032.jpg

BILD4036.jpg

Finally mounted!

BILD4040.jpg

BILD4041.jpg

BILD4044.jpg

BILD4046.jpg

Thanks guys.
Well I got my first mod to tree related gear done.
I spliced a eye in my Blue Streak climbing line and my Hawkeye lanyard (16 Strand is a bitch to splice), my HRC hitch cords, a whoopie and a loopie with a omniblock 2.6 in it.
Just scored an old heavy duty Kenmore sewing machine for $30 and gonna learn to sew runners and make some other gear.
Stay tuned for pics.
Got to learn how to thread this thing first. :?

Man, do I love having an ascender on my Spurs. Partially cause I'm a bit cowardly about spike climbing, but then again,I'm way faster with it, so who cares

Back