Black Bears Matter

Bears are smart and are adapting to living with people. More hunting won't necessarily solve the problem.
We are just bear aware here. But if bear starts mauling my dog..........
More hunting around populated areas DEFINITELY helps solve the problem. Putting the fear of man in bears will "save" more than any other method I know. Trust me, we have been bear aware here for a long, long time but thanks to the bear huggers, I've only seen one bear in town in the last two months.

Stig, I thought you might be interested. Some guy here was confronted by a Bear and after he blocked it's swipe he gave it a number of karate moves including a kick, the Bear took off running into the woods. The man was showing his moves on TV, and it did appear that he knew his martial art. A tough fighting individual.

Blocking a bear's swipe does not seem remotely possible. I'd like to know the "rest of the story." I doubt even Mas Oyama could do that.

I saw my dad fight one off from our trash can with a broom, in his whitey tighties. :lol:

They are a product of "urban sprawl" .Just like raccoons and deer they learned to adapt .We don't have any bears here but just about anything thing else but deadly snakes and alligators .
Come to think about it we don't have any elephants either but we have a gaggle of Republicans .They don't all live in Florida ya know .:lol:

Supposedly we have mountain lions that live in Boulder, under peoples decks or something is what they say. I'm not sure about that but i did see a big cougar in someones back yard once, they lived on the edge of town.

Colorado a state I dearly love,most of it .Around 3 years ago I took a trip to Denver ,that's not my idea of Colorado .

Denver is not the greatest city by any means. I don't like it much but we go there for big events sometimes, there's some decent museums and parks that the kids like as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Supposedly we have mountain lions that live in Boulder, under peoples decks or something is what they say. I'm not sure about that but i did see a big cougar in someones back yard once, they lived on the edge of town.

...Great book about it , think it's called "Into The Garden" dude lives in Boulder and Boston

Imma buy that book even though I have waaay to much to read now. Reviews say it's well written, and the subject is fascinating. I remember the news reports in the local paper when it happened, it was quite intriguing.

Back