hinge du jour

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
this was a fun one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7xP_Md5SZ2Q" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good policy... made for some creative rigging on this tree...

The long dead limb over the house in the background of this pic was rigged from the same point, leaving it swinging back towards the boom... I tip tied it, setting the rope with a pole saw, then came under and back down far enough (cutting from below the limb) to keep the swing out of line with the boom... that's an awkward explanation, but basically sometimes the only way to get out of the way is to get under the limb

Attachments

• rig ring redirect.jpg
    rig ring redirect.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 72
One of the principles that I try to live by, is not discussing hinges with trolls.

Daniel, it is your right as a free human being to post pictures of badly cut stumps.
Likewise, it is my right to ignore them.

Which I shall do hence forth.

If you were one of my apprentices, You'd have a sore butt.

Stig you may be good at what you do, but that is much different than what I do.... You're a production faller.. I make a living putting trees on the ground with one cut that other companies would be climbing and rigging or craning... I regularly trust my life to good falling skills by make topping cuts from the bucket that could be fatal if they went wrong.

You're stuck in the box buddy.... I didn't get 6000 youtube sub and 5 million views by trolling.... And I haven't even posted much since 2012... And still holding plenty of tricks ... I make cuts that you have never seen...

Didn't you criticize this faller : <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2x7MXn5zuEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if so I AM in good company.... You don't criticize because you get your ass handed to you every time you do.... I've had to explain things to you and other "experts" at the house over and over .... And its all good... you do your thing and I'll do mine....

Still holding secrets after all these years? Seems like that would go against the image you portray of sort of a naturalist, modern age sort of dood. Does keeping all of these secrets sit well with you from a moral standpoint? You feel no desire to share and help your fellow arborists? Instead you mock them and elude to 'secret cuts' for like ten years now? What is with that?

Because if that is the case, that's a real dick move and not much in the spirit of being a true tree brother.

If that frigged up cut that went the wrong way is a 'secret cut' then I don't want to know about it. And I'd take my employee's saw away if he tried something so ridiculous on one of my jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back