hinge du jour

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CgCdsERkqrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Knowledge is the tool box for creativity.... If you don't fully understand the basics, how are you going to transcend them..

i think basics are the base level pivotal conceptual building blox;
most great finds just a layer or 2 higher than pivotal concepts;
after that whatever mechanic gets too many moving pieces as variables to keep in alignment to target.
For me, climbing had been my passion, exercise, yoga even teacher of how world forces work; i dearly miss it!
Just as some martial art student seeks philosophy etc. lessons in 'the knowing' by witnessing same forces of balance in own body;
fighting own self as load etc. until can find the flow of it, and be light; 'relaxed good'
i found in climbing, positioning , fatiguing etc. i gave it all, and it gave it back; and helped forge me.
Going to be 60 in 2018, don't seem possible; but someday someone/thing is going to say my ride is over; guess i've had a fair run; hope i maid best of it; have many of ye to thank for it!
Some lessons, can only be found at the line between can and can't; and surpassing it; this is where climbing took me to!

Some lessons, can only be found at the line between can and can't; and surpassing it; this is where climbing took me to!

A very excellent post...all of it. You're a thinker, Kenny...thanks for putting that experience into words. I think many subconsciously feel what you just described but few can (or do) express it. There is a commonality of unique (but still common) experiences that humans are privy to but do not always look internally enough to clarify and understand enough to communicate them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed,
Kenny you have been my teacher and pried open a heavy door to allow a few rays of light through which has become a whole new world for me, full of beauty and wonder. I will always be grateful to you for the effort you made to show us a new perspective when this industry was so stuck in first gear.....

In the end tree work, like martial arts, should be an expression of truth.. To do it well you must ask the question "who AM I?" To answer that question we all must look at the assumptions that we consider to be true. Begin to question everything in your life... And in the way you do tree work.. Why to you use a humboldt., why do you cut a notch as deep and wide as you do?: why do you rig and rope the way you do...

You may find that the answer to many of these questions is because that's the way you were taught or that's the way I've always done it.. Or I never thought about it, just seems to work so why change ... etc... I call that inside the box .... For me the juice is always outside the box.... I love it out here!

No, just read some pretentious, pseudo psychology that would embarrass the makers of those cringe worthy Facebook memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back