White boys suck

White Boys Rock!

I used to have a half dozen "white boys" working for me. They all worked VERY hard on the job site. Might sit around for an hour first thing in the morning if I let them though.

New guys always asked if we were working today when the forecast called for rain. Every time they'd ask, I'd ask if they were a girl, then walk away shaking my head, turn around and say, "If you're in the tree an you're worried about lightening, you can get outta the tree, otherwise we're working".

Now my crew is pretty mixed. Sometimes I have to ask the white guys if they're supervising when they're standing around, but all in all they all work really well.

New guys always asked if we were working today when the forecast called for rain. Every time they'd ask, I'd ask if they were a girl, then walk away shaking my head

If you stick around the forum long enough to recognize the members and what they do, you won't be asking that question anymore. There's a gal down in Tasmania.

83a4qbQ.gif

I've cleaned up many times in the rain, but never had to climb in it.

That's the cue to shut it down and head to the shop/house.

As a utility line clearance trimmer "when it rains it pours". Where I live all overtime work was generally in the wind and rain.

I didn't like it much, but after a week or so in the wind and rain, around the clock, you start getting used to it. Sleeping in the chip box was a comfort.

Where I live all overtime work was generally in the wind and rain.

I didn't like it much, but after a week or so in the wind and rain, around the clock, you start getting used to it. Sleeping in the chip box was a comfort.

Haaaard core!!

If you stick around the forum long enough to recognize the members and what they do, you won't be asking that question anymore. There's a gal down in Tasmania.

I have 3 daughters, my youngest climbs for fun. She's got more guts in a tree than half the guys I've trained to climb. And on after hours jobs, or when we're short a guy, she works right along side the guys on the crew and never complains about the rain. She's been doing that since she was 12, and I'm proud of her.

I'm not sexist, I say it to make a point.

Heck, one time I told a guy that was taking his sweet time splitting wood that if he wanted to do women's work, I had some dishes in the house he could do. He looked like he was gonna hit me, but he got the message.

Ha! Clear this up for me. You're not sexist but you somewhat regularly insult men by saying sexist things?

Anywhoo. Welcome to The House!

Back