JOB OPPORTUNITY!

Hows that giant black brush bandit chipper working for you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hows that giant black brush bandit chipping working for you?

Cory, thanks for asking, we have had some real problems with it.One,the engine is a Perkins. I don't know all the particulars other than what it cost to fix, which was $ 1,900.00 . Some little plastic part was vibrated off and broke. That was about a month in. Covered under warranty, but we put the money out until they approved that warranty. The real problem was not the money but the fact that it is a Perkins. The parts come out of England so It doesn't get fixed overnight. So, month after spending bookoo bucks on the beast, was down at least 21/2 weeks.

Right now, it is 5 hours away getting fixed again. Actually fixing what bandit agrees is a design flaw. They are welding plates behind (I think) the top roller so the material flows properly. It gets worse, in fixing that flaw, they found another. The hood mounts had completely vibrated off. That is probably what caused the first problem. The brackets are a bandit issue, so those parts can be over-nighted and should be fixed today.

I will say Bandit has stood behind the machine and our Rep, Kyle, has been diligent in helping us. I've asked Bandit to bring the chipper back to us when it is fixed as a good will gesture. I mean for us, the five hour trip to West Palm Beach is quite a haul. (and yes, that is the closest Bandit dealer)

Wow, that is too bad.

I've had amazing luck with my perkins in a brush bandit. Maybe the vibrations are the issue as you say. Glad Bandit is standing behind it so far.

Back