Wedging over small 20 ft Redwood log

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. This stuff has the best feel, and works really well for me. I use a 7/8" Stable Braid when I get into bigger stuff (6'-7' and over). After almost 40 years of wire-core, I gotta say I don't miss the stuff one bit!

Nice vids.

Why do you use a long tether/lanyard on the saw, does it get smashed much on the trunk?

I prefer the saw far from me, not in my legs, not in the space visited by my hands. It's less bulky on the saddle to go throw the limbs.
When the ropes tangle with the saw, it's less likely to damage the ropes, because the saw isn't locked at the saddle, it can move somewhat and warns you before you make a good pull to free the rope (thinking that's only a twig).

Only time to time, I wish to have a short holder, to avoid dragging the chain on the concrete, some stones or a roof.

I like to reach down and grab it... not pull it up by the lanyard.

I can toss a top and have it clipped back on before the top hits the ground.

I notice these days most people stow their saws on their belt, I was not taught that and despite trying to get into the habit I still tend to slide it through my fingers to the end of the tool strop, during and immediately after a cut.

If I'm ringing down I do stow the bigger saws on the belt as pulling them up repeatedly is a pita.

I prefer no lanyard and one handed stowing.

Eric, runnin a 355t!!! Did I see that right!? I never ever ever ever thought I would EVER run a Echo... it's been my favorite saw for three months now since the demise of the 200t. You should try the mods that Victorious Victor from Cedar, B.C. has figured out. I'll try to get some vids of mine out eventually. Freakin animal saw.

Cool vids, again... thanks very much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Giving the 335T a try. I'm not crazy about it. It's ok for limbing, but I find it pretty under powered. It's pretty worthless when I get to chunking wood down. Normally I run a 550XP with an 18" bar as my small climbing saw. Thing just kicks butt!

Back