Wedging over small 20 ft Redwood log

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most of you know I am very new around here. I started posted work photo's a little over a month ago, which lead to some short vids. Gotta say its been real fun mixing it up, as there are some pro's around here. The support and kind words have been great, but it got me to thinking. I know many logger/tree-man who are wrecking big wood everyday without taking the time to smile for the camera. To all the warriors out there grindin' it out without any fanfare, I tip my glass to you! You are the real badd-asses!

For sure. How much makes it to the web, 1%?

My work is a little different than most of you guys, and I am trying to figure out what is gonna make a good vid that most will enjoy. I am wrecking trees for lumber , so part of my job is also the skidding and bucking logs. I am gonna start filming the whole job, then edit it down. Should I be including the bucking/skidding portions or leaving it out? Any input is appreciated. I know my preference, but do you guys want the sounds of the job or music?

20 trees falling on the ground in 1 minute is fun but very far from the reality.
I like to see all the steps, taking the time to do things. Maybe not all in one vid and not in all vids, but it's a good way to grasp what makes your job. I'm more inclined to the technical side than the show off mode.
And yes, the real sounds are attractive. Some musics can be add in back ground but which ones to choose is a difficult task and can't match all the people's likings.
Some good vids are just ruined by too much music or the wrong one (for me).
A nice editing can actually enhance the vid greatly, but I guess that's a real hard work to do well all the thing.

Great vids, have you seen the "coffee break" advert with Hap Johnson?

Been on here a few times so I won't post it, if you haven't just google it.

Great stuff.

Curious, what sort of rope are you using to flip up? And how are you releasing/tightening it from your harness?

Great stuff.

Curious, what sort of rope are you using to flip up? And how are you releasing/tightening it from your harness?
The flipiline in the video is made from 5/8" Sampson Stable Braid. Its oversized (feels like 3/4), has amazing hand, rolls like a champ, and works great with the large rock exotica rope grab. Killer set-up.

Back