Good Examples of Invoices and/or Contracts, etc.

rfwoody

Treehouser
Does anyone have any good examples of Invoices or Contracts, etc. that would be good to use with customers for tree work?

Or could you point me in the right direction?

If possible looking for something as simple as possible -- and yet complete.

Thanks!

Don't overthink it. When starting out I went to Staples and had a stamp made with my business info and bought a generic invoice book. Easy and cheap.

Thinking back when I first started I didn't even have the stamp, scrawled it out by hand.

Just make sure that you include that if their trees are full of concrete or iron, the price agreed on is void.

I use the Danish equivalent of " Foreign objects", both for felling and stumping.

I phrase that diffently, it is the home owners responsibilty to know the whereabouts of those.

My wife uses quick books for invoices. I really don't know much about it but it seems to work well.

At this point, save your pennies.

Any money spent on equipment is somewhat recoverable, if you change your mind. Advertising, software, etc has no resale value.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Sean.
I can afford a little for some of this kind of stuff.
Right now my truck has been in the shop for at 4 weeks out of last 6 it seems (2 or 3 things getting fixed, hopefully it will be dependable for a while) and I can't finish one job and start on another that's already lined up.
So I've been sort of in limbo just getting stuff done in preparation and doing stuff around the house.

I have a nice quote sheet I had printed up at the local print shop with 3carbonless copies with a boiler plate statement on it. I think it was like $120 for 200 the liability statement is a must have in my opinion.

I wonder if any one here has had their's tested in court.

I guess we are hanging it out too far, ours only says-

-Payment due upon completion
-Prices good for 30 days
-Major site or tree changes may void pricing

and soon to be added-
10% discount for cash payment

Just as a note when I send along a proposal, I don't see any risk in that.

That seems a little over paranoid to me. There are a number of reputable businesses in my are that are cash only. I don't see the harm in it, as long as you claim what you make of course.

We all know I speak from personal experience. But yes it's all good as long as it all adds up when the government super accountant is sitting in your dining room going over it all with you. ;)

Back