MunterWrench

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
This is an idea that my friend Joseph Duncan mentioned to me a while back, finally got around to trying it. At the end of a big removal, when you have it down to a spar and you have a tagline tied to it to pull it over, I like to bail out using a Munter. But the Munter requires both hands the whole time to operate. If you let go, you plummet. So the idea is to put your Rope Wrench on the rope above the Munter. It adds a whole new level of control to the Munter, you can actually let go of it completely and it holds you. Highly recommended. Check it out.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w1R9P22npvQ?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:50%;height:50%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Keeping your life-support lanyard and Spurs in the game, while on life is held on a rigging line... Easy peasy

Neat trick for the tool box for sure.

IMHO the HH shines in takedowns. I'm a poor climber at best and the HH makes me look good.

Back