Google solicited advertising

frans

TreeHouser
I have been in business as an arborist for hire for.. Easily the last quarter century. For the past 5-10 years we have been bombarded with google wanting to 'update' our information. They 'guarantee' certain placements on their search engines.

O.k. All this has generated 2-5% in actual tree work jobs.
However it HAS generated in our phone lines being jammed with adverts, our email server being flooded to the point that we had to contact our internet provider for help.

I have talked to folks. Overall? Businessess that are seeking work dont care how many adverts they get.
Established businessess? Dont mess too much with the internet.

My experience is the google listings generate alot of 'price seekers' but not real clients.

I use google AdWords for my new chimney business. It's been fantastic in drawing in lots of customers. Different type of business though, there is no free quotes. So it's just bringing me customers, not hassles.

Before I sold my tree biz two years ago I did zero internet advertising. To well established and already full up with work to bother.

So I've seen both sides of the coin myself.

I've found that to be true about the price seekers from google, unfortunately we depend on it a fair bit, being a young business.

The people that call and say they can guarantee placements and claim to work for google are usually shady seo companies in my experience. Google could care less how well you rank in the organic listings but they will place your add at the top of any page for 3 bucks a click!:D

Or much much less if you're a lowly sweep. And the only one that's paying to advertise.

I hate to say it. But people Google my comp and I come up first and only ad. You can only be so asleep at the helm in this day and age.

I never click on the "ads", always go down to the first couple organic ads

Neither do I, but I partially depend on those who do! Funny, when I do a search and a bunch of ads come up I get somewhat insulted. :lol:

Even google ads? If you do a search on their site, you get no ads at the top of the page??

Here's what I see...

I guess the ads are in the blank space on the right, but I don't see them.

Attachments

• google.jpg
    google.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 22
Interesting, that must make the internet experience much more pleasant! No wonder the Google ads are not incredibly effective, I'm sure you're not the only one using an ad blocker. I need to get out of the stone age:|:

Yes. I've never had anyone call me from Google unless I've requested it. I've found them to be very helpful and professional. As I said, good results from AdWords for me.

Also I know that google won't give out any magic recipe as to the placement they give regular websites and whatnot. But I can't help but imagine that paying to advertise with them helps your overal sight ranking.

Here's my Google data for the last month. No ad words.
faaf6251f1a509fbc80ed02395b665e5.jpg
9938fc8fd3f2b8aa881135a4d148116b.jpg
dab7935f638808296465f605b5223f99.jpg

Wow, those seem like some pretty high numbers, your website must do well in the organic rankings. How competitive is the tree workers internet scene in your neck of the woods?

Like I said. As far as I know google fiercely guards their ranking algorithms. But I strongly suspect paying to advertise with them doesn't hurt your standings.

Everyone's scenario is going to be different. Lots of comp, little comp, established, newcomer. Strong seo optimization and killer website vs basic, basic. I imagine the variables become endless.

It's not hard to research a little and vastly improve your rankings through simply sharing, linking, adding content. Blah blah blah.

Willie do you pay a IT or website pro? Like actively pay for SEO from a private provider?

Well. Looks like they're doing a decent job! I don't think online presence can be ignored in this day and age.

Back