Best turf tires for wheel loader

PCTREE

Treehouser
Just put some new tires on my tcm804 after 12 years use. New tires are terrible on lawns. Any recommendations on good 12-16.5 turf tires?

Kramer tree has the same loader as you, just kubota brand. They put used tires from an airliner on theirs, no tread at all, tough tire, zero lawn impact.

I use basic tractor tires on my kubota, 99% of the time there are no lawn issues. Are your new tires causing a problem because they have no wear on em and are a little too aggressive? Didn't you have basic tractor treads on your tcm before?

When you say basic tractor tires do you mean AG or industrial? AG should be your highest impact, industrial less so, and on and on. Basically the less aggressive the tread the less impact. So it becomes a balance of traction vs impact.

Rather an apposite thread for me.

I wanted turf tyres on my wheeled loader (like on my compact tractor) they weren't in stock, and had to be ordered from Italy so they sent it with these.

On a dry lawn these are great, no impact whatsoever, plus great traction for pulling.

Now trying to weasel out of buying the turf tyres (which still haven't arrived)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 27
Nice tyres, Mik.

Basically like Mik's tread. You'd find them on construction machinery, does that make em Industrial?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The tires I just put on are skid loader tires and have a really agresive tread and are super stiff. They just don't conform at all. My tires of 11 years were like yours Mick, need to find them I guess

Interesting about the old truck tires....

The old bald truck tire thing I typically see on skid steers, not articulating loaders. The industrial style like what is on Mick's loader seems the norm on articulating loaders. Also popular on monster trucks.

What I ran on my little skid loader was true turf tires, made for lawn care quipment. They were low impact, no deep big lugs, just like exactly what's on lawn tractors. I have no idea if turf tires exist in the sizes you'd be looking for?

Back