Happy Canada Day!

Sunny here. Today we have a giant barbecue at our place all afternoon/evening. In my neck of the woods Canadians are flying flags all over.

Happy Canada Day!

We always had a big celebration on Canada day because it's also the day(possession day) we brought our first house. Then we hadn't done anything for a couple of years because a good friend started having a family event and wanted us to come too.

But this year we are back to our roots. Burgers, smokies, beer, and beer.

My kids having a few friends sleep over, some people are bring rvs/campers.

It should be a proper party.

First class day, celebrate like there is no tomorrow, Justin.

M and I lifted a glass to our best northern friend in the sunny afternoon...she with good bourbon, me with middlin' scotch. Here's to the canucks in the 'House!!

Oh man..............what a party!

Everyone had a good time I think. I sat up late with my old neighbour tying it on and arguing about rv fridges. Lol. We squared it away like men though. I had to admit I was wrong and it was the beer talking.

Just surveying the aftermath now, and brewing coffee.

The weather was perfect.

The lawn is a passion of mine and this place is like heaven for a lawn lover. I have endless water, I pay a flat rate whether I water my lawn 24/7 or never. So green it is. Never sprayed or fertilized not once in the seven years I've been looking after it.

My wife thinks I'm a nutbar but I very much prefer to mow often and lightly. I find twice a week mowing takes roughly the same time as once a week because I can mow so much faster when it's a light cut.

I like a nicely mowed up lawn, but the other day I ran over a stupid rock that I usually lift the deck ever so slightly for and yup, just chewed up a blade. and of course it happened only a couple weeks after I had sharpened the blades so I'm loath to do it again. Instead I just mutter and curse as I ave to run over areas again to get the 'missed' bits.

Glad you had a good day eh bud!
Beautiful place you've got. Twice a week is better for the grass, they say the best thing you can do for lawn in mow it. I on the other hand and rebuilding a gearbox for a 3 pt mower and need to mow my pasture... So I'm mowhing away with my zero turn Gravely
a22753d400e12f12453288e6d2129575.jpg

Thanks Willie. You'll have that area looking like a park in no time I bet.

I mow with a little older kubota 42" deck I think? But it's true hydrostatic tranny which IMO is the only way to mow. I've never run one of those zero turn though. They look skookum.

Manual reel would be a reel(he he) labor of love here Sean.

I listen to the radio(radio muffs) while mowing, otherwise I'd go insane I think.

Back