Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He looks how I feel

QaOD1zt.gif

:lol:

So crazy. Lord it must be bad to witness.

Ah I like a man that can offer an alternate view. Well, I think of the animals getting burned up ( I encountered more flying squirrel babies today and thought about the toast they would be in a forest fire) and the obvious waste of natural and spiritual resources. Of course forest fire is a natural process and I suppose its good in the long run, though I understand the ultra hot fires such as many of those we experience these days can incinerate the ground into sterility rather than stimulating as less hot, more frequent, smaller fires do

Shit... we're just walking chemical reactions and nutrients in motion....

Fire is like a giant blender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ah I like a man that can offer an alternate view. Well, I think of the animals getting burned up ( I encountered more flying squirrel babies today and thought about the toast they would be in a forest fire) and the obvious waste of natural and spiritual resources. Of course forest fire is a natural process and I suppose its good in the long run, though I understand the ultra hot fires such as many of those we experience these days can incinerate the ground into sterility rather than stimulating as less hot, more frequent, smaller fires do

I've been through some really burned areas a year after a fire to where the earth looks like a moonscape. Always thousands of trees coming up as seedlings.

I have never personally seen a landscape sterilized. Not to say it does not happen.

Obviously the higher the fuel load, the hotter the fire.

There have been crown fires before though. I wonder what the landscape around Peshtigo looks like today?

Same here Willie, with some exception. Probably because we are dryer. Trees that established when we were cooler and wetter, don't come back, mostly chapperell

I've been through some really burned areas a year after a fire to where the earth looks like a moonscape. Always thousands of trees coming up as seedlings.

Good to hear, Willie, thanks .

I read that a really hot fire kills the mychorhizza (sp) that aids trees to transfer nutrients through the soil.

So seedlings aren't the issue.
Am willing to be schooled though.

Back