Part time genius

Cobleskill

Treehouser
I drove by a tree cutting fiasco yesterday. Saw was stuck in the backcut. 4-wheeler hooked up with a short strap. I had to turn and go back. Save some injury and good humour to boot.

So not only was the saw stuck but it had been stuck once before. Chain still hanging in tree and they had put in a new back cut. They did have a couple wedges in. Cuts were not bad.

If the 4 wheeler had pulled it over it would have landed on the operator. I asked if they had any rope-just a clothes line. How about more straps. Yes went to get some and a ladder so they could tie it up higher. They had it tied to a 4 inch limb at about 5 feet.

So they tie some straps together and hook it to a truck. I was going to suggest they now move the 4 wheeler but a least no operator on it.

They do get it to come over and yeah 4 wheeler ends up under a bunch of small limbs.

The head honcho says something about doing it safely. The other 2 guys were with me and shaking their heads. Guy gave me a pat on the back and thanks alot for stopping.
Darwin almost in action.

Ha crazy story. Just yesterday we were talking about crazy scenarios we've stopped at and helped out. Makes you wonder if the Great Spirit is watching out after some of those knuckle heads by sending experienced, good hearted folks driving by.

Back