Rope deal score and there's more available.

My latest genius recycle , had a short good Hank of the Fly. Decided to use it for Dog Run attachment. Trimmed off small three or four footer that wasn't needed. Sealed the cut ends and knotted it to a locking clevis. When I spike up pull Trees to set rigging I can save time by hitching to the pull line and rappel instead of spiking to get down quicker and easier.

I didn't follow, sorry. A munter hitch to rappell on the pull line, with a biner already on my harness is my trick. And shooting/ throwing for pull lines with a base tie. Means buying longer ropes. Mini made my 200' into a 150' and 50' yesterday.

Aww Burnham, never say never...:)
I got tired of using my 200' rope on all my climbs when a lot of them didn't use up much rope, it's nice to have some shorties handy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Darn!
I subscribed to this thread and got no notice that you guys had a post-a-thon.
Just peeked in and see there was a party going on without me.

@Burnham
One word: "Tag line." Er, two words I mean.
What I didn't tell you guys was I bought the only 176 footer first before starting this thread.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292158865920
:O

Two words: "Side line"
Is sideline one or two words?

I bought one of those short spools from Tree Stuff, 90 meter, recent. Got a 10.5 mm line that came in real handy on the oaks and crane. I had a few 200 footers, a 150, and retired one of my shorties. Just needed one. And at a real low price, it fit the bill. Like Sam pointed out. All set up in a bag for the fly....

Where does Tree Stuff keep the short spools on their website?

100% correct.
I got a PHD in Physics, an MA, Psychology, a BA in Engineering, and a Sildeline in Arborculture.

I love my shorter ropes, but like Burnham, I like my ropes long to start. They get shorter on their own

I didn't have anything other then an 80' hank of blue streak.
Over the last couple of weeks I bought another 150 feet of it, 150 of 1/2 stable braid, omni-block 2.6, couple of lengths of tenex (3/4 whoopie, 5/8 Loopie) and a large stainless porty.
Now I'm broke.
So those short and very affordable ropes are going to fill in the gaps in my gear lineup.
Need to get more work and don't want to pass on potential jobs for not having the appropriate gear on hand.

Awe man, they messed up my order.
Someone swiped the 176 footer so they had to send a substitute rope and they sent a different length in place of the 95 footer. :cry:

BILD3600.jpg

BILD3601.jpg

BILD3602.jpg

BILD3603.jpg

BILD3604.jpg

BILD3605.jpg

I guess that justifies buying shorts. :D

Technora.jpg

Tecnora-2.jpg

That Bluewater would make a damn fine access line. Technora wears like iron, seems similar to TriTech. I like it. neat.

Probably a bulletproof rigging line too, but I doubt it has much stretch. . . I find those elongation figures surprising.

Whip the ends on that puppy. 8)

Yeah the Bluewater its a sweet rope in the hand perfect length for SRT access in the Northeast.
I tugged on the big rope real hard but felt no give.
The specs have to be for the inner kernmantle rope.

Absolutely thrilled beyond words.
I flaked out the entire length of the Technora on the floor, threw myself into the pile, and rolled around in it for the better part of an hour. :big-love:

I had a dog do that in otter scat once...took me an hour to wash the smell out.:D
Skinned a bunch back in the day, a big male can be a foul smelling critter, especially if you squeeze or nick the scent glands at the base of the tail. To a hungry young trapper it smelled like money.

Back