Rope deal score and there's more available.

dsptech

Treehouser
I just got a unbelievable deal on some 95' of 7/16 Code Blue on ebay from Buckingham MFG for $25 plus $10 for shipping.
They have a crap load of listings and of all different and longer lengths.

Don't know if there's rules against this but I just have to share this with my new Treehouse buds. :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sop=10&_ssn=buckinghammfg&item=302356832412&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XRED+CODE+BLUE.TRS5&_nkw=RED+CODE+BLUE&_sacat=0

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a Yale Kernmaster rope.
Static-rappelling Kernmaster line is constructed with a traditional "mantle" sleeve consisting of 48 strands of polyester.
The inside, or "kern," is a braided core of energy-absorbing nylon.
The core is fully steam-stabilized to enhance the rope's flexibility and prevent hardening in service; the braid also bends more easily and with less fatiguing of the core.
For SRT-single rope technique

Source...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGu_-yvNDUAhUIbz4KHRE0DDYQFgg4MAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arborist.com%2Fproduct%2FR180122-82%2FYale-Kernmaster-Code-Red--200-ft.html%3Fcid%3D10650&usg=AFQjCNFVCxcG4hx8Cbwpxfw5VDb7zkWkuQ

Yeah, like under 40 feet or so. And who needs a static rope (in my world that means SRT) for a 35 foot climb?

The only ropes I own that are that short are for tying stuff down in the truck.

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean, and I should have just kept my keyboard shut...:|:

I use them for trimming the smaller trees, and I used to use them for crane jobs but eventually I felt that having to retie in to hit the ground was an unsafe practice.

I'll retire to my usual end stool at the bar, nurse another single malt, and hush :).

Butch makes a salient point, nonetheless.

I have never had one that called for that short a STATIC rope in 30+ years in the trade...sure, I have some short DRT lines, but a static climbing rope of under 100 feet?? Nuh uh...can't see it.

But please forgive me...said I'd hush.

You never know... hornets, sliced veins/arteries...

I sure don't wanna have to pull out my rope and find a spot to retie in if that's happening to me!

;)

I have a cut up older climb line, three pieces 50', 65' and 80'...the 65'er gets used SRT fairly often...but then the other day I had to use the 50'er to extend my 120' to work a big tree...so :P

Man, I use a 50' section of rope all the time on removals. A great many of our trees aren't much over 50' once they're topped out anyways. . . It's nice to have a little bag with a pre-rigged system in it that you can pull out, tie in, drop down, and boom, exit.

19225993_1405961589439778_6272169231562572365_n.jpg

Nice to zip down when you need gas. . . lone wolf and all.

Short Hanks do have their place , usually get them from longs after wear or damage. Can make shorts into slings to recycle as well.

My latest genius recycle , had a short good Hank of the Fly. Decided to use it for Dog Run attachment. Trimmed off small three or four footer that wasn't needed. Sealed the cut ends and knotted it to a locking clevis. When I spike up pull Trees to set rigging I can save time by hitching to the pull line and rappel instead of spiking to get down quicker and easier.

I bought one of those short spools from Tree Stuff, 90 meter, recent. Got a 10.5 mm line that came in real handy on the oaks and crane. I had a few 200 footers, a 150, and retired one of my shorties. Just needed one. And at a real low price, it fit the bill. Like Sam pointed out. All set up in a bag for the fly....

Sure, short stuff has it's place...but would any of you go out and buy a new rope that was only 90 feet?

Haha, I've done it a couple times B. Cheap way to check out cool looking ropes, and I don't feel bad grinding them in the pine sap. . . 8)

Back